Looking to foster

rjespicer

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:21 pm

OK Thanks. We use Bay Area Bird Hospital, as they were on the recommended list on here, but have had mixed results and they are pretty expensive (to be expected in SF I guess). Los Gatos may be a bit far for us but I will bear All Pets in mind if we decide we need to change.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:36 pm

Cavyspirit isn't running a rescue any more.

wenton5

Post   » Thu Oct 18, 2018 10:47 pm

Indeed💜

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:45 pm

I would definitely have included Cavy Spirit if they were still rescuing.

wenton5

Post   » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:25 pm

Ok, it's all a learning curve. Here is my revised "add", if the cavy angels sees fit to pass it along.
Thanks soo much everyone again.
Lara and Romeo aka Chooch
Possibly wanting to foster (or adopt) a cavy (redwood city)

Possibly wanting to foster or adopt a guinea pig. I'm looking for a good fit, so please read all this add. Are you a guinea pig lover? Have knowledge of guinea pigs but need a break? I'm looking for a SERIOUS owner who is in a situation to match mine. I have a 6 and a half healthy, neutered boar guinea pig who just lost his two buddies due to old age. He is totally blind, sensitive by nature, upbeat and has only one incisor left so is a slow eater. I have owned 6 guinea pigs and have a strong knowledge of guinea pigs. I'm looking for a sow (female) guinea pig to foster or adopt, to keep my senior guinea company, this probably means 3 to 6 months if I foster. I am looking for a sweet, healthy, socialized guinea pig who is not a food monger since he has tooth issues. I prefer a slightly older guinea I would hope your piggy has a recent clean bill of health from a good vet. What your piggy gets... a lot of attention and care. I spend a lot of time with my piggy. He lives in a 2 x 7 cage, gets out in a run 6 days a week, gets his cage cleaned 6 days a week and gets all organic carrots, filtered water, wheatgrass, red leaf lettuce, one blueberry, Italian parsley and non organic seedless cucumber as well as orchard grass hay and kms Timothy hay and pellets. So, I'm looking for a SERIOUS cavy lover who may need what I'm offering. There aren't active rescues near me. I'm open to discussing adopting if it's a good fit. I'm located 35 minutes from Redwood City in the Bay Area/Silicon Valley, California. 
Thanks soo much,
Lara

wenton5

Post   » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:47 pm

2. And it would be nice if there was a pairing process option.
Thanks again everyone.
L and R

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri Oct 19, 2018 7:55 pm

I'll vouch for the excellent care that any piggy will get that goes to live with Wenton5! Top notch diet, lots of floor time etc.

wenton5

Post   » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:06 pm

Thanks soo much Cavy House 😊

rjespicer

Post   » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:57 am

Wenton5 are you still looking?

One of the guys I work with just told me this morning that his grand Daughter has a Guinea Pig that she is putting up for adoption. If you are I can try and get more details, I think he said its name is Lenny so I suspect it is male not female. From what I can gather it has been kept by itself since she got it.

I have warned him about not advertising it for free to avoid it ending up snake food and I am going to pass on the list above to him.

rjespicer

Post   » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:18 pm

I am still waiting on confirmation of gender but from what I can gather his 19 year old Grand Daughter bought it from someone advertising online about 12-18 months ago and it has been kept in a Pet Store cage by itself since then. It doesn't sound like it gets let out to run much either.

I am going to send him links to this site and a few others so that she can post on them as well.

wenton5

Post   » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:25 pm

Lynx, am I allowed to give rjespicer my email or phone? First, thank you! I would need some kind of guess at age, teenage male pig with a senior blind baby maybe too much. Is he neutered, socialized with other piggies at all? Thx soo much.

rjespicer

Post   » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:32 pm

Sorry I have just been told that they have already found him a home.
Was confirmed male, intact, 1.25 to 2 years old (Taken from him mum at 3 months I was told) and not socialized at all from what I can gather as he has been kept by himself since they got him with no other piggy companions.

At least, from what I have been told, they have found him a good home and took some of my warnings seriously.

Sorry to get your hopes up, I was just scared for the little chap when he said they were advertising him on Facebook and wanted to make sure he gets a good home.

I will keep an eye/ear out for any others.