3 Guinea Pigs looking for home in Toronto Ontario

high_fidelity

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:46 am

I did plan this, my mom n' brother were going to care for them, and suddenyl they'd telling me, "eeew, they're rodents, we want nothing to do with them." Which is a smack in the face cos they promised they'd help during the week, and I'd be home on weekends.... I have a plan, a friend is offering to take them in till I'm out of school I think....unless someone else wants them

anglaz

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:54 am

The friend idea sounds good, just make sure you educate her/him about gp's. Like with lots of information from this site.

I'm sorry your family backed out on you. How maddening.

high_fidelity

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:57 am

the friend already has a couple guineas of her own, which is great..... so she knows what she's doing, *phew* I wouldn't let my babies go into the hands of someone who was new to this... it's so wierd, family should be there for you and yet here I am stuck on my own being forced to be rid of my babies when they had promised it would be ok to buy them cos they would help me out.... it's messed up!

savycavy_

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2004 11:56 pm

Why did you get the pigs in the first place? I mean the oldest is 5 months old and it sounds like you knew you'd be going to university, I don't understand

Brianna
Forum Fan Club

Post   » Sun Mar 14, 2004 2:56 am

The day after I left for college, my mother had my cat put to sleep. She said it was due to cancer and she didn't want to subject me to the pain, but I never believed it. I didn't talk to her for a year. I had that cat for 10 years. I honestly would have put off school or taken her with me if I knew that was going to happen.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:08 am

That is horrid, Brianna! Cancer doesn't just show up overnight. I'm so sorry.

Brianna
Forum Fan Club

Post   » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:31 am

Thanks Nurgle. Boo was my soul mate cat. All I had to say was "come here Boo" and she would come running. I haven't had such a bond with any animal since then until my piggies.

Sorry to hijack your thread HF, but I have to say that no one will love your piggies like you do. Please keep them with you or find a fantastic home for them. Obviously your family doesn't care and you don't know what can happen after you leave.

savycavy_

Post   » Sun Mar 14, 2004 9:47 am

Bri, that is terrible. I know what you mean by a soul mate cat. My cat Buddy (mind the name I got her when I was 6) she is 14 now and we are inseperable. She lays on my lap while I studey and is always babbling to me about someting and she follows me around the house like a dog (she was kinda raised by our old dog). In a couple years I have to move off to another U, I haven't decided weather Bud is comming with me, and don't know what would be more stressful for her leaving me or leaving my parents and her home (fortunatly my parents love her to, although my dad will never admit it).

high_fidelity

Post   » Sun Mar 14, 2004 10:18 am

omg, I'm so sorry Bri about your cat.... your mom didnt even call you to let you know what was the matter??? thats so upsetting *hugs* at least Boo is in a better place now.... see thats what I"m afraid of, not only there's the possibility of them getting sick and dying, my family is hopeless... I had bought the piggies with them having promised that while I'm gone they would care for them.... but my mom saw they were rodents, which they aren't, they're adorable guinea pigs, and now she wont come near them.... I believe they deserve a better life than this, even though I'd love to hold onto them.... but it would be selfish of me.

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:21 pm

Sounds like you're not even considering the option of taking them with you.

So what exactly are you going to do if you can't find a home? Only one of the schools you mentioned is 5 hours away. Guelph is one, Carleton is only two. You could even commute to school in Guelph and live at home if you really wanted to make it work.

high_fidelity

Post   » Sun Mar 14, 2004 3:51 pm

ok, last nite I took what you said into consideration.... I talked to my mom and she said she's not paying for an apartment, I must stay in residence, she wants me to live the experience yada yada...and so on.... it was retarded.... I got out the guineas last nite and showed them to my brother, (because if I got him on my side it'd work, whatever he asks my mom she agrees with) unfortunately he was being a brat and said he wont help me.... talk about being abandoned with no choices.... I'm looking for foster homes or a forever home, I'm putting my piggies first, I dont want them to suffer.... I could be selfish and let them rot away during the week and see them every weekend, or give them to a loving home...you dont need to keep bashing me for my choice, I feel like I'm being charged for abortion... or a teen mother putting their kid up for adoption.... I'm doing what I think is best for my piggies.... they dont even love me, so they wouldnt miss me.... I give them hugs, treats, kisses, brush them, pet them, hold them, love them, and they just dont care.... they dont even squeek when i enter the room, they run.... so unlike my dog, they wouldnt miss me in the slightest if they were away from me, even though i'd miss them everyday until i got the chance to see them again....

anglaz

Post   » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:08 pm

It sounds to me that you really do care about the wellbeing of your pigs, HiFi, and that you're doing the best you can considering the circumstances.

I wish you lots of luck!