TONS of pigs in the Bay Area - MONTEREY HAS MORE!

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:44 am

Yes, it is quite commendable that they have cared for them for so long. I can´t believe they have that many more. Do you know where the new ones came from? I hope they all find forever homes.

briana d

Post   » Thu Jun 27, 2002 12:06 pm

All I know is that some lady brought them all in at the same time. I know Teresa said that they are a variety of breeds and from a few different litters and generations of litters. I hope they find forever homes too. Preferably a couple with me hehe.

Teresa

Post   » Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:03 pm

In Bri´s photos, they look like mostly Americans although the Monterey lady also described some abby´s and possible long hairs.

The Peruvian Mom and Baby I took home last Saturday -- well, upon closer examination of the baby, she has a deformed eye. I´ll post a photo when I get a chance. She seems to get around just fine, but I think the sight in one eye is probably just limited to light. Poor thing.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:28 pm

Oh, no. Maybe that´s part of why the others died. There were probably congenital problems you didn´t even know about. All these poor animals.

briana d

Post   » Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:51 pm

Teresa, I did see a few abby´s. They were all huddled on top of each other so it was kind of hard to see what kind they all were.

briana d

Post   » Thu Jun 27, 2002 2:53 pm

This picture is a bit dark but there is one of the abbys I got a picture of.

loofapig

Post   » Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:52 pm

wow. You guys rock! My mom will only allow 3 in the house. Now i feel bad that i didn´t adopt them

Teresa

Post   » Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:52 pm

Briana, that looked like a great photo, so here is my edited version of it. Hope you don´t mind: