URGENT-CA-PHS Shelter (Bay Area)

Jin

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:13 am

(Cross post from CG)

Cordelia, that would be WONDERFUL!! It completely changes my plans, but that´s okay! That really cuts my driving time down a lot, and saves me the money on a hotel room.

Please email me and lets try to coordinate this a little better.

THANK YOU!!!!

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2002 12:03 pm

T-- I remember now! Was that Sara B.? I forgot about her. Her husband was a GSCBA president, too. They are in San Jose, if I remember. I´ll email the rest...

pigpal

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:31 pm

Josephine - this is a different one, she´s in San Bruno.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:34 pm

Hmmm... Juliet? I didn´t know she was a judge.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:35 pm

Just got a whole list of big show breeders in the area. Will email to T.

Teresa

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:39 pm

She was judging when I met her. Granted it was a little 4-H show at the fair.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:54 pm

Hmmm... Don´t think she´s licensed. She is the developer of the new Tan variety of cavies. Lots of breeding in perfecting the new varieties (so they become consistent).

They don´t require 4-H shows to be sanctioned or have licensed judges, but it is true that she might have become a judge in the last couple of years.

I just emailed my first list of numbers.
Last edited by Josephine on Wed Jul 03, 2002 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jahcqui

Post   » Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:28 pm

I´ll be sure to warn all the decent, honest, caring breeders I know that some overzelous people might be contacting them. What´s the definition of rescue? I thought it was saving animals that are being malnourished and mistreated. NOT animals owned by people you dislike.

And what´s this about a rail road???? Gee, when some OTHER people tried to do this we were chastised for not staying in our own back yard. OR were we chastised just because you didn´t like us?

nastybreeder

Post   » Tue Aug 20, 2002 4:57 pm

Railroad would be what they are trying to do to the breeders.

Teresa

Post   » Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:35 pm

I´ll be sure to warn all the decent, honest, caring breeders I know that some overzelous people might be contacting them.
No worries, never got any call backs from the breeders around here. Gave up on them before I even got started. That was just an amusing idea anyway.
What´s the definition of rescue? I thought it was saving animals that are being malnourished and mistreated.
You would think a ´rescuer´ would know the definition of rescue. You know full well the area where we disagree, and that´s breeding and pet overpopulation and animals being put down in shelters as a result. Do you want to raise the debate again here?
NOT animals owned by people you dislike.
And where exactly did you get that notion? I sure as heck don´t have to like or dislike anybody for MY definition of a rescue. It´s what they do with their animals, the policies they go by, the care they provide, their adoption criteria, their stance on breeding and showing, what they espouse publicly and the examples they set that I use to judge whether or not someone is a ´rescue.´

And to quote from the policies page on my cavy rescue website: "To anyone who breeds or shows as well as rescues, we applaud your efforts for whatever rescue you do." I think it´s nice that breeders also take in "malnourished and mistreated" animals. You know, if someone who bred didn´t do that, I would consider them a real low life. But sorry, no, that doesn´t make them a ´rescue´ in the traditional sense of the word.
And what´s this about a rail road????
Well, it´s done and over now. And in case you missed the national and international media, it actually wasn´t a railroad in the any normal sense of a rescue railroad. And I still very much stand by my criticism of sending pigs from one corner of the continent to another. You want to dredge up the past? Be my guest. Under normal circumstances, it is not necessary to ship pigs to find them homes. Large rescues happen all across the country throughout the year. There were quite a few this year all over. But with 700 homeless pigs in one area at one time AND the fact that we just had a huge placement of well over 300 guinea pigs less than a year ago, and 60-70 of them still remained, and the rescues here are active and full already, we needed to do something out of the ordinary. And out of the ordinary it was. AND, we got shelters and rescues involved all across the country. And we spread the message about rescue and adoption and care of the animals all across the country and then some. I was well aware of the population issues in the areas where we sent pigs and we worked with all the rescues in the area to make this a win/win for everyone. I surely hope this kind of situation never happens again.

So, back to your point, "OR were we chastised just because you didn´t like us?" Chastised? Good grief. I met you. I liked you. What´s the problem here? It´s got nothing to do with anything other than breeding and showing. We philosophically disagree in a big way.

Teresa

Post   » Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:40 pm

Railroad would be what they are trying to do to the breeders.
What happened? Did some breeder list finally figure out what was going on? Railroad the breeders? Railroad them into what?

You know, there are a number of breeders on this forum who manage to participate quite intelligently. Why don´t you ask them if they´ve been ´railroaded.´ ?

Ciaytee
Almost Inbred

Post   » Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:43 pm

So how many of us here haven´t responded because:

1) The posters are obviously unable or unwilling to realize the full magnitude of the pig overpopulation, so responding would be pointless.

2) You´re just too angry and amazed to put together a complete sentence.
----------------------------

Oops. Too late. Well, how many except for Teresa.
Last edited by Ciaytee on Tue Aug 20, 2002 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.