L.A. area shelter pigs for adoption

Charybdis

Post   » Fri May 28, 2004 5:35 pm

It seems like so many to me too, when I can't save them.

There is now a piggy at North Central shelter. He has been held for a month because he was seized when his owner was taken to jail. He will be available June 3 and that is one place where piggies don't need to be. They have died of malnutrition there.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri May 28, 2004 7:40 pm

S**thead owner goes to jail, eats well; innocent pig who has done nothing goes to jail, maybe starves. Lovely. Other states aren't much better from what I understand, although I think efforts are being made in some areas to address these absurd holding laws.

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Sat May 29, 2004 10:01 pm

Contact Brenda (was that her name?) about the WV pigs. Ive met her and she's offered to look after the pigs that ends up there.

If she ever needs medical supplies, I can always get them to her, since I have a source ;-)

Charybdis

Post   » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:27 pm

The pig from Baldwin Park and the two babies at West Valley were adopted. The OCACC boar disappeared.

Here is the Carson Valley boar. He's very unusual looking. I don't think he has much time left. He's been there too long.

In addition, 5 pigs just came into OCACC (Orange). 4 boars and 2 sows. They are a bit mangy and skittish but seem well fed except for the Abby.

Boars

Sows

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Jun 03, 2004 8:37 pm

Well, if I could fly out, I wouldn't return empty-handed.

Since BP got adopted, my rotating 10 lb. hay offer goes to the little Carson Valley guy. I hope one day it will do some good.

He's beautiful. I do so hope someone can help him and give him a good home.

Pigglies

Post   » Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:05 pm

His face reminds me of a racoon!

What a unique pig.

Charybdis

Post   » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:42 pm

The Carson Valley boar was adopted today. He has a bad case of mites and urine scald.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Tue Jun 08, 2004 9:53 pm

I'm glad to hear owl-dog has found a home. Poor guy. I hope his mites and scald go away soon.

Charybdis

Post   » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:39 am

Just have to post this because it's so cute. Here he is after a bath in his new home:

Carson Pig

ChunkyPiggies

Post   » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:54 am

This pigs got beautiful eyes!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:07 am

Gol dang that is one cool pig. I am so happy he has a home now.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:15 pm

Charybdis, thanks for posting this. I was just thinking about him last night, this is great news.

33 posts