Pups looking for a home in Ohio

KJE

Post   » Sat May 29, 2004 9:20 pm

I think trixiesmom would love to adopt out to someone from GL or someone recommended by someone on GL. The babies are only 5 days old now, so they won't be ready to go for another couple weeks. Is that correct, trixiesmom?

trixiesmom

Post   » Sun May 30, 2004 8:29 am

Yes, they are 5 days old today. Eating everything their mothers does. The entire bunch of them is very vocal and always popcorning. The babies have already gained 1 oz each - making them a whopping 3 oz. We would be ready to part with them in a couple of weeks.

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Sun May 30, 2004 10:19 pm

She has fallen in love with mine and talked about them so much her boys want one. They are trying to talk thier Grandpa into getting them one and are looking at petstores. I am telling her how much better it is to take in a rescue and how I found Harry here on this forum.

Now before someone says "Oh not not kids pets" this will be an instance of Mom's cuddly furbal the boys are allowed to help take care of in practice.

cherrywoodgirl
Cavy Supporter

Post   » Mon May 31, 2004 3:34 pm

Erin, Do you know anything about Big Mama in Medina?????

She is absolutely beautfiul and she has been on the site since MARCH. I find it hard to believe that no one has adopted her.

I have emailed twice with no response. Just wondering if you know about her???

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon May 31, 2004 3:35 pm

I don't know anything, I don't think they update their petfinder things very often. Another person has emailed a few times about them with no reply, so I don't know what is going on. She is beautiful, though!

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Mon May 31, 2004 5:32 pm

Erin there is someone on CavyCompendium in Northern Ohio who may be ready for a rescue sometime soon.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon May 31, 2004 5:48 pm

Have them contact me through my petfinder page when they are ready, I have an application that will need filled out! http://www.petfinder.org/shelters/OH381.html

KJE

Post   » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:01 pm

We took some pictures of the available babies today. I will try to post them here, if I can figure out how to do it. From what we can tell, they are all males. They are 1 1/2 weeks old at this time.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:42 pm

They are such curious, cute little things. I hope you find good homes for them.

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Sun Jun 06, 2004 2:34 am

They are so darling. I showed my friend the thread. But that was before the pictures were posted.

VMOUSE1970
Supporter in '05

Post   » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:51 am

Where in Ohio do you live??
We go to Ohio to visit alot and i have boys.
They are so cute.

KJE

Post   » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:59 pm

The babies are about 30 minutes north of downtown Cincinnati. A transport could be arranged if someone could give them a wonderful home.

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:36 am

We are in Dayton.

trixiesmom

Post   » Mon Jun 07, 2004 9:39 am

The pups are in Fairfield. It's just a quick drive North to Dayton. I could bring them up for you to see if you'd like.

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:22 am

Good morning!

I have become very interested in Guinea pigs. I have two sons
who has asked me for a pet. I am a home health aide, and some
of my clients have pets. One particular has 4 piggys. They are
very awesome to take care of.

I realize they are a very big responsibility! My family already has
two dogs & a cat. I would eventually like to adopt a piggy. Right
now our computer is down , & my friend has graciously agreed to
letting me use hers. If there is anyway possible, please send me
some information about guinea pigs. Your help would be greatly
appreciated.

The email address that this information is being sent from, is my
contact for the time being. I just want to be sure that this is a
pet our family can handle as a family.

Thank you very much for your
time! Have a nice day!

Mrs. Morgan

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:54 am

Do you have permission to print this person's email? If not, it should be removed.

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Mon Jun 07, 2004 10:01 pm

You can contact her through me until they get thier computer back together and sign up for thier own account. And I let her use my account for the post.

When she posts she will sign her name. Shadow aka Pat

KJE

Post   » Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:14 pm

Sshadowsmom, I sent you an e-mail. Did you get it? I haven't heard back from you.

trixiesmom

Post   » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:24 pm

I have found a home for the one boy. I still have the red/white abby and the all white abby. Erin8607 has done a courtesy posting of them on Petfinder.
http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2979463

http://www.petfinder.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2979455

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Tue Jun 08, 2004 3:56 pm

I got your email and printed it out for her to take home today. She said she will contact you. I see her 4-5 mornings a week.

She seems to adore my wheekers. And has even helped clean out the cages. And she has held them for nail trimming and even held Harry so he could get his pouch cleaned out. And she has seen the nice box of Kleenmama's bluegrass and compared that to the little bags of the expensive brown straw in the store.

This has just been a long day.

47 posts