Someone save these OH pigs

Bonnie

Post   » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:08 am

I would if I could!

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2922644&adTarg ... &tmpl=&stat=

http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2922648&adTarg ... &tmpl=&stat=

These one's broke my heart!
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=2942046&adTarg ... &tmpl=&stat=

I'm thinking by the looks of it, Fish(boy) and Chips (girl) are living happily together. There are going to be some minnows and french fries in their future :( I hope they are both just in blue cages with white wire. Or I hope they sexed them wrong.

Bonnie

Post   » Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:09 am

Uh-oh, meant to put this in Cavy Placement! Sorry!

Emokid

Post   » Wed Jun 02, 2004 7:51 am

The first pig, Fish, is beautiful.

RavenShade
Thanks for the Memories

Post   » Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:02 am

That last one, about the pigs in the dumpster, is terrible. I'm glad someone found them.

Jules was dumped in a box, too. But he wasn't in the trash.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:13 am

I was contacted by the HRS, who was contacted by the shelter in that last link, to try and help the pigs there. I think it's also going to turn into a semi-large population increase. Looks like all pigs, mom, dad, and babies are all housed together.

Not much information yet, I'm going to try to call the number listed today and see if they'd like to send them to rescue. Wish I had the extra health record books, just in case they'd rather not send them down to me!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:28 pm

The lady that was acting as the Humane Officer who got these pigs from the dumpster contacted me today, just got off the phone with her and I'll be picking the 6 of them up on Sunday evening on my way back from meeting Nurgle.

KJE, you have room to foster a pregnant sow? ;-) She has them seperated now to the best of her knowledge, but they were all together at the time of intake in a small cage(that was thrown in over the box), so I'm assuming now that at least the adult female is pregnant.

I'll update on Sunday night or Monday.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Fri Jun 04, 2004 10:17 pm

It is so cruel to toss pets into dumsters. Sometimes you just want to strangle someone.

Joanna

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 9:46 pm

I can't believe someone would do that, but it happens with kittens and all kinds of animals. I hope there is a special hell for people like that...

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:24 pm

There is. They teach their kids to dispose of unwanteds. Their kids then put them in the cheapest, crummiest, dirtiest nursing home they can find when the time comes, and walk away.

Sounds fair to me.

I've gotten to where I get upset when I pass a garbage truck on the road, especially the large ones with crushers. I'm scared there's someone in there.

Erin, bless you for helping them.
Last edited by Talishan on Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bonnie

Post   » Sat Jun 05, 2004 10:30 pm

Erin, do you need me to foster? I'd take a pair. Or a pregnant mommy. I've never had a pregnant pig, but I'd be willing to learn.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:54 am

Let me see how healthy they are when I get them, and see if I can tell how far along the sow(s) are. I'll post again tonight, after I have them home.

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:04 pm

There is. They teach their kids to dispose of unwanteds. Their kids then put them in the cheapest, crummiest, dirtiest nursing home they can find when the time comes, and walk away.

Aint that the truth! Good job, Mom and Dad.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:45 pm

I have them here, there are FOUR females and two males. VERY cute, all of them. Mostly chocolate, the baby male is so cool looking.

I'll post pictures later, they all look pretty darn good for being thrown in a dumpster.

Bonnie

Post   » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:48 pm

No broken limbs or anything? I was worried about that, that would be a major fall for little piggers.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:53 pm

They were shoved snug in a box *rolls eyes*. They all look good, of course, I haven't gotten them out and checked them over very well. So, who knows.

15 posts • Page 1 of 1