HOLLISTER, CA ACC Seizes 187 Guinea Pigs!

rosieandco

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:05 pm

Those poor pigs. How could someone be so cruel and stupid as to do this?!?!?!? Can´t she tell that the pigs were suffering?.. or is she that thick?? God I hope she doesn´t get them back.

Zoe

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2002 6:59 pm

Yes... It was Susan. A few years back now. %$^&#! I am glad she is being investigated. I was new to this guinea pig thing back then. I knew I wanted a rescue pig. I didn´t know about Cavy Spirit. I was just catching on to things like timothy hay only, no pet store pigs and quarantines. It was through Iris that I took the effort to find Dr. Murray and my guinea pigs have benifited greatly!

Like I said.... UGH!

Iris was one sick little girl. A few expensive vet bills, a long time syringe feeding... she is okay now. Susan never answered my e-mail.

Where is Susan now? Did they confiscate her pigs?

UGH!

Teresa

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2002 7:41 pm

"Did they confiscate her pigs?" No. She still has her pigs. She is still there, still doing her thing.

KarasKavies
For the love of my girls!

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2002 9:35 pm

As the world turns...

What a wicked web they have weaved!

cindy29

Post   » Wed Jul 03, 2002 10:18 pm

I live in contra costa county. I was just down in Hollister camping(my husband is a dirt bike nut) two weekends ago. I want to help but I am not sure I can.

stickyfroggi

Post   » Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:16 pm

Reading and looking at those pictures was pure torture. I´m going to go shower my pigs with kisses now. Teresa, Kara, and everyone else who helped with this rescue, I have to hand it to you... Good Luck with the adoptions/foster homes.

Erin
Last edited by stickyfroggi on Sun Jul 07, 2002 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Animal Lover

Post   » Mon Jul 08, 2002 2:04 pm

That is terrible! I wish I lived in Cal. I would absolutely take a few piggers!! But since I live in Ohio, But my heart goes out to all of you and those pigs!

UP Lisa

Post   » Mon Jul 08, 2002 3:10 pm

Hi. I´ve been reading about all these poor homeless Guinea Pigs in certain areas of the country. Where I live I suppose a few people have them, but I never see any. There are none for sale or to give away.

Lisa

cavytopia

Post   » Fri Aug 16, 2002 1:49 pm

While on vacation my family saw a news clip on the tv in our hotel room which showed the piggebago heading out to take piggies to those adopting them. When we returned home I got on the net and was able to read the details on the CavySpirit site as well as the forum threads on that site and this one. The photos of the conditions of the pigs in their cages was heartbreaking. Many thanks to those who worked so hard in caring for those precious piggies and for finding homes for them.