Piggie in Central Illinois that needs adopting

xtremeroswellian

Post   » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:44 pm

I would love to adopt the pig in question because I have her sister and brother (Bosco and Faith), but my parents said no more piglets for me. But the reason I want her is because she's kept in a cage by herself in the back room of a pet shop, and there's no hay or veggies given to her, ONLY pellets, and there's no vitamin c in her water. They don't pay attention to her at all, and she's very shy and skittish. But if I can't have her, I would really love to see someone out there take her home and love her because she's so sweet and looks so much like my Faithie girl. Any takers? Want more info? Please email me: faithboscorelli1@yahoo.com . Thanks!

melcvt00

Post   » Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:46 pm

Not that I can take her, but where in central IL are you?

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:05 pm

I hope Bosco is either neutered or seperated from Faith.

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:00 am

This pig is being sold in a pet shop? Then it's not an adoption, regardless of the conditions she's in.

There's not supposed to be vitamin C in her water, either. Never add anything to a pig's water.

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:36 am

I sympathize with your plight and wanting to "rescue" the pig from being in a pet shop, but you should talk to the pet store manager or owner about the pig's care. Print out care pamplets to back yourself up.

They probably won't listen or pretend to. Maybe they will.

You aren't "saving" the pig because there will be ten more bred to take his/her place b/c they are selling and making money off of them.

It isn't an adoption either. It's a sale from a pet store that gets it's pig from breeders. You are supporting this by giving your money to the pet store.

Adopting is going to an animal shelter or humane society or a rescue.