Mr. Thrifty Guinea Pigs

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:07 pm

There are several guinea pigs listed in one ad in this weeks/months(not sure how it's published) Mr. Thrifty newspaper. Males and Females - not sure if it's a breeder or someone who had accidental litter(s). If you are in North East Ohio and seeking out a pig and would be interested in these pigs, email me for the phone number.

Of course, if you wanted a nice healthy pig, I've got 12 of those for adoption too.

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:20 pm

Only 12?

;-p

VMOUSE1970
Supporter in '05

Post   » Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:35 pm

That is " 12 for adoption". silly Nurgle

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Tue Jun 15, 2004 10:48 pm

Yes, get your grubby mits off of my pigs.

cherrywoodgirl
Cavy Supporter

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:33 pm

Erin,

I have to quit looking at your adoption page!!!!!!

My two new loves are Carrot and Peggy Sue. They are absolutely adorable!!!!!!!!!

Bonnie

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:35 pm

I want mouse so bad. I keep showing the picture to my husband but I don't think he's going to budge. :( Poor me.

jennylynn
GL Junkie

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:52 pm

Erin, you can go ahead and send Laverne and Shirley to my house ASAP. Especially Laverne. She's a little doll!

cherrywoodgirl
Cavy Supporter

Post   » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:54 pm

Oh, and Louisa. That would be 3 more in another cage. Tim is not buying into it.............yet. :)

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:20 am

I haven't checked my email yet, but I've already got a family interested in Carrot and Parsley if they send the application back. That always seems to scare people away. Oh well.

I picked them up on Saturday, Pistachio was of course still in the cage with the mom and babies, so Peggy Sue is probably pregnant again. I was told the babies were 4 weeks old, but there is no way because Peggy is still FULL of milk.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Wed Jun 23, 2004 1:22 am

Oh, JL, Shirley and Spencer stay together, so I'll have to send all three. Start building the cage now, I'll get their priority mail carrier ready.

jennylynn
GL Junkie

Post   » Wed Jun 23, 2004 12:29 pm

That's fine with me, he's a cutie too!

Man, if boyfriend and I ever tie the knot and get a house instead of this tiny condo, I'm going to make one room 'The Pig Room' and start filling it up. Starting with those three.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Wed Jun 23, 2004 6:07 pm

I think Laverne may be a peruvian, too. Her hair is getting longer, I don't know where she got it from, but she's beautiful!

cherrywoodgirl
Cavy Supporter

Post   » Wed Jun 23, 2004 7:00 pm

I knew they wouldn't last long. Or shouldn't. They are so cute.
I love their markings.

finding X nemo

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:17 am

Oh my gosh, I am IN LOVE with the guinea pigs you have for adoption! I would LOVE to take Louisa home, but I live in Michigan. Do you know of any way I could get her here? Awwwww. I love her!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:21 am

Check www.petfinder.org for pigs in Michigan, there are lots in your state that need homes as well.

finding X nemo

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:39 am

I know. I did check. The only issue I'm having is I have no way to get to them, because I live in a really small town and I don't have my license. My mom doesn't mind me getting more, except she recently broke her foot in 22 places, is getting surgery on friday, and cannot drive until December. So, I'm trying to think of what I should do.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:42 am

Most rescues won't adopt to people under 18(assuming you are under 18 without a license). But, if your mom were to contact them when she's feeling better, some rescues would probably be able to help arrange transportation once you were approved to adopt.

finding X nemo

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:48 am

Yeah, I am under 18. I know she has to contact them and the like, we've gone through the process before. I was thinking about contacting for Ruby, and/or Abby & Sunshine. I might call tomorrow and see if transportation is available.

Bonnie

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:40 am

Where in Michigan are you? I know a lady near Detroit who always has an excess of pigs.

finding X nemo

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:52 pm

I'm in Fraser. Which is around Sterling Heights, Roseville, Warren, Clinton Twp., etc. I'm about eh....30-40 minutes from Detroit.

22 posts