Handsom bachelor looking for a friend

savycavy_

Post   » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:42 pm

Single white, black, and grey male looking for friend who enjoys long walks in the yard, vegetarian dining, snuggling, and deep conversations. Boar or Sow, personality very important.

Picture of Bachelor

Land lady wants a special guinea pig, friendly,brave and in good health. Race and gender are not issues. Non smoking!

gracielee
Me, too!

Post   » Wed Jun 16, 2004 7:43 pm

I love the ad! And what a handsome guy!

Suzie

Post   » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:01 pm

Oh my...he is adorable. I wish you lived closer, I'd snatch him up in a second. Because lord knows I need another pig in my life. =)

I've been a licensed rescue for oh.....1 month and I am already full and diverting pigs to other avenues.

How old is that little guy?

savycavy_

Post   » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:06 pm

Whoa! I must clarify. Elvis is not for adoption (I'm his slave). Elvis is looking for a roommate.

Guinea Pig Wanted!

Sorry for any confusion :)

(poor Elvis almost had a heartattach with that one!)

Suzie

Post   » Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:12 pm

Well I'm sure you just broke hearts all over Europe. =)

He is a cutie.

Vanessa

Post   » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:17 am

With that Mexican patterned blanket behind him, your pig looks so . . . Exotic? Latin? Handsome, that's for sure.
Are you in Manitoba? I'm not sure about there, but here in Ontario there are tonnes of pigs in shelters. I adopted a boar from a shelter and introduced him to my single boar with almost no problems (unless you count the occasional hump session a problem). Look into a shelter pig, they're so greatful for a good home!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:42 am

I love that blanket as a background too.

savycavy_

Post   » Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:27 pm

No there are none in shelters here. The shelter in the town I live in is strictly cats and dogs and the two in the Winnipeg don't have piggers right now. I noticed that they get the odd pig, but they are few and far between.

I almost thought I had one yesterday but when I called the number I learned that it was a breeder (drat!).

It took me over 4months to find my first pair so I'm not expecting anything soon.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:27 pm

Good luck! I was so sad to hear about sweet little Tal. Elvis is mighty handsome.

Vanessa

Post   » Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:21 pm

If it was possible, I'd ship you a couple boars from the Toronto Humane Society right now. There's one there now named Waylon who has that crazy, extra long butt hair. He's such a sweetheart! He's bonded to his brother, Wallie, and they have to be taken together. Check them out on the website.

icesprite

Post   » Thu Jun 17, 2004 9:39 pm

I asked Tuck how he felt about foregoing the snip and going to live in Canada with Elvis. He said it was far too cold there, but he will keep his toes crossed that Elvis will find a good friend very soon.

Again, I am so sorry about Tal.

savycavy_

Post   » Thu Jun 17, 2004 10:08 pm

Or he'll keep his toes crossed that he doesn't get the snip!