pair of baby males for adoption in nj

Marci78

Post   » Wed Jun 23, 2004 11:04 am

RUSTY & CARMEL!!!

Rusty is a rust and white American male guinea pig.

Carmel is an all rust Abby male guinea pig.

They MUST be adopted together.

They were only about 4 weeks old when they were found and were found in a crate on the interstate highway in South Carolina along with many other baby guinea pigs. They are now safe and sound and in the rescue. They came into the rescue on 3/13/04. They are now used to being around dogs, cats and kids.

PREVENT A LITTER, FIX A CRITTER!! A donation of $40 will cover Carmel or Rusty's neuter. Please contact us to see how to make a donation of any amount to help us cover the cost.

Rusty and Carmel are currently in a foster home in Pemberton, NJ. Please email me for more information.

Ange1icflowers

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 2:04 pm

Just a note, since her email isn't in her profile...

GPLOVER78@yahoo.com

Prangus
I gave AGAIN, dammit!

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:26 pm

I'm confused. Is there a required $40 donation to adopt? Is it required that one of them must be neutered, but not both? Why would either have to be neutered if they must be adopted together?
I've seen this on a lot of petfinder ads (I assume from the same rescue) and it seems to imply that one of a pair of same sex pigs must be fixed before they are adopted out together. Maybe I'm just reading it wrong...

Ange1icflowers

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 6:50 pm

I think you are reading it wrong. We adopt out same sex piggies unaltered. It's a $40 donation to GET the piggies fixed (for people who want to feel they are doing something good but can't get a piggy), but not required.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 7:28 pm

The wording is a bit misleading, I thought the same thing as Prangus.