A horrible decision!

bebesush

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:26 pm

I'm glad things are getting better for you Wheek.

anglaz

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:39 pm

It sounds like good things are beginning to happen, just in the nick of time! I'm very relieved for you, and really hope this good luck continues -- you need it! *crossing fingers and toes*

Nurgle
...what, what, what?

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 12:42 pm

Wishing you the best of luck. With cherries and roses.

Ange1icflowers

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 1:51 pm

I'm so glad to hear that things are looking up!

I wish you the best of luck with everything, and, no offense, hope that you don't 'need' the services of our rescue!

ChadWPB

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:22 pm

Awwright! My wife, my six pigs and I send you and yours our best wishes.

momof911kids
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sat Jun 26, 2004 3:29 pm

Good luck, I hope things work themselves out.

pax
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Sun Jun 27, 2004 1:06 pm

So glad things are looking up. Believe me, I understand. Living on Long Island is ridiculously expensive. We are all just a blink away from being homeless! I told Chester and Kirby about your piggies' plight, and they graciously extended their home to your girls. The boys might have had ulterior motives! Of course, the young ladies would be kept in the upstairs suites far from the boys! Just keep us in mind if you ever need a hand!
Pax

GP Lover
My home, ruled by pigs!

Post   » Sun Jun 27, 2004 3:47 pm

I don't mean to burst your bubble and I certainly hope things turn around but please ask questions about that money that's owed to you. If it's from a retirement plan you may loose 20% (I think it's 20%) if you cash it in instead of rolling it over into another plan.

Perhaps in your situation it will be worth cashing it in but sounds like you'll need to know how much you'll end up with since you may be borrowing against it.

Have you looked for a place to live with a roommate or looked at ads for people who already have a place and are in need of a roommate?

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Jun 27, 2004 8:05 pm

Good luck, Wheek. I'm thinking about you.

Wheek Times 3

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:43 pm

Yay! I'm putting a down payment on a car tonight. I got tired of the runarounds and waiting for return calls from the car dealerships. I checked out a car from a local paper and went to see it last night. The guy was nice enough to take time out of his day to drive it to my mechanic today while I was at work and my mechanic raved about it and told me it's a great deal. So I told the guy I'm buying the car and once I leave my down payment tonight, it's mine.

Funny...I also definitely got approved for a loan today and also had the option of going to the dealership tonight and driving out with a car then and there (well, not really as I'd insist on having my mechanic check it out and it's at that point where the last dealer started acting flaky and not returning calls, so who knows if I'd even want to buy a car from them. Obviously, the last dealer doesn't have enough faith in his cars to allow me to have my mechanic look at one, so I guess it was a blessing in disguise that he stopped calling).

So, as of now, the piggies and my cat STAY WITH ME! :)

ChadWPB

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:52 pm

Excellent! I think you should celebrate with your piggies tonight. Romaine for everyone!

Vitesse

Post   » Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:52 pm

Guess I won't have to go out there after all, which is great!

Marci had e-mailed me saying that somebody on Long Island was in dire circumstances and had to surrender some pigs, and would I go out there and help..

I'm sorry I didn't read this earlier. As it turns out I have a car I need to get rid of, and it's super cheap and reliable. But no A/C. And I was out near where you live this past weekend (Babylon). If I'da thought to check in here...

I'm glad things seem to be looking up, WT3. What kind of car did you have and what are you getting?