Utah - 21 pigs need homes!

Sunny

Post   » Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:47 pm

I volunteer for an animal rescue shelter in Salt Lake City. They have been over-run with Guinea pigs of late. They have 21 pigs, male and female, babies and adults, that need homes. If you are interested in adopting, please contact me at sunnybranson@hotmail.com
Last edited by Sunny on Fri Oct 04, 2002 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wheeky8

Post   » Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:03 pm

Is there a link where we could see them?

Sunny

Post   » Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:32 pm

No sorry. This is a very low-budget animal rescue and they don´t have a web site. Where are you located wheeky8? Maybe you could stop by to see them? The rescue is Yuppie Puppy in Salt Lake about 2300 S. and 700 E. They are open Mon-Fri from 8am-8pm, Sun 10am-6pm.

There are several brown/cream/white American boars that appear to be 4-6 months old. They all look very healthy. There are several American sows too but only one is adoptable as the others are on pregnancy hold.

They also have a beautiful charcoal black Abby sow who looks to be 1 year old; and an Abby male about the same age. He´s brown and white.

If you are too far away to drop by, maybe I could take a picture this weekend, scan it and email it to you?? I know Lynx doesn´t like a lot of pix posted on this forum.
Last edited by Sunny on Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Fri Oct 04, 2002 3:58 pm

Sunny, if you do want to take pictures of them, I can upload them to my albums so you can link them. I know pictures help place the pigs faster sometimes

Sunny

Post   » Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:04 pm

Oh, that´s nice Erin. Thanks. Wish I had a digital camera. I can take pictures this weekend but won´t be able to scan them until Tuesday. Yes, I agree that pictures will help place them.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:23 pm

Hey, you should turn them on to PetFinder. It is free, I think (think) that you can upload pics -- not quite sure. And it has been a great tool for placing pigs.

You might also try www.cavyclassifieds.com (I think). Teresa is set up online to help people place pigs.

Sunny

Post   » Fri Oct 04, 2002 4:33 pm

Thanks Lynx. I´ve emailed Teresa and she has pointed me in the right direction.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 4:57 pm

http://www.imageevent.com/erin8607/utahrescues

There are 6 of the 21 posted, more to come soon.

Sunny

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:18 pm

You´re the best Erin, thanks again.

E. - I used my layman terms for colors and descriptions. I´d welcome any corrections you can offer.
Last edited by Sunny on Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Evangeline

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 7:29 pm

Hey! You have a clone! Charles-Henry?

Sounds good to me. Red/white/black is usually called Tortishell and White, but you have the right colors. At least you didn´t call them "bark brown" and "tan" like some people here do...

Sunny

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:10 pm

Thanks E. - Well I had just finished reading your post about colors so glad I got close anyway. So, would black/brown American be just "Tortishell?"

Yes, we are fixing the clone. Good eye. Henry is not a pretty pig. Just recovering from a severe case of mites, but we´ll get his picture up soon.

Evangeline

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 8:15 pm

Brown? BROWN??? Argh!!!!!! Repeat after me: brown and tan are not guinea pig colors! Maybe you mean black and RED? Yes, then it would be Tortishell.

Poor Henry! I love ugly-cute pigs.