Utah - 21 pigs need homes!

Evangeline

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:22 pm

Sunny-
Has Henry found a new home? C´mon! There is no difference between 3 and 4, believe me.

Becky

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:45 pm

OK, so does everyone now understand how I gave the wrong pig to someone in Michigan???

TSW...Red that´s brown, brown thats who-knows-what!

wheeky8

Post   » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:47 pm

Hey, E.
Maybe her black /´brown´ is an agouti???
I don´t know, I haven´t seen a picture yet.

pinta

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 2:54 am

Dervish is taupe....and an twit pig.

Sunny

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:26 am

E. - If I took home all the pigs I fell in love with, I´d have hundreds.
Last edited by Sunny on Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

gracielee
Me, too!

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:16 am

Bekcy, you gave the wrong pig to someone? How could that possibly be with a gazillion baby pigs that all looked alike? (at least three of the ones I got looked identical to me, I had to hang their CS pictures with cage designations on their new cages so I wouldn´t mix them up!)

pigpal

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 11:45 am

Dervish is Monty´s sister. E - Remember the problems we had deciding what color to call Monty? I think it´s weak chocolate.

Poor Monty. Excuse me while I go beat myself up some more.

Julian
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 12:18 pm

I hope it´s with a wet noodle : )

wheeky8

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 4:10 pm

becky, did I tell you, I later found out that my pig Anywn, the TSW with the red/black nose, was yet another mix up with a different TSW that was suppose to go to someone else, and my pig is who-knows-where? So out of my assigned pigs that T gave me, you only got one out of four correct?

I am so laughin´ now. It was meant to be. They´re so hilariously funny. I´d be terribly depressed without them!

Ya did good, girl!!

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:28 pm

Pigpal-
Beat yourself up over Monty? Huh? Did I miss something.

Pigpal-
She´s a Yankee. What did you expect?

Julian
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 7:37 pm

Everybody is beating up everbody today.

It must be a full moon somewhere.

Furr is flying, teeth are chattering and the butts are a´wiggling............

I should be banished from GL for being a trouble maker. Perhaps Pigpal can give me a real swift kick in the rear for caring.

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:06 pm

Duh!
I just re-read my post. The first one was for Pigpal, the second one was for Pinta.
I need sleep. And good drugs.

bats

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:13 pm

I need sleep. And good drugs.

I remember in an interview in Rolling Stone, Keith Richards said that kids should not do drugs. Ironic. I also remember someone writing in to say "Keith, we can´t do any more drugs because you already did them all. We have to wait until YOU friggin´ die, then smoke your ashes."

Evangeline

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 9:31 pm

Rolling STONE. How appropriate for Keith Richards.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2017

Post   » Wed Oct 09, 2002 10:36 pm

Bats, thanks for pointing out the oddness of cavy color names--I have pig who is "golden agouti" in cavyspeak, but anyone normal would say she is dark brown.

Becky

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:00 am

Hmmm...where did my post go?

Wheeky8, I´m glad you´ve forgiven me! And I´m glad you love your piggies. (How could you not?) They certainly lucked out in the pig palace department.

Actually, considering our trip, it´s a miracle that they all didn´t wind up on the side of the road in, say, Nebraska!

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 11:52 am

mix-ups on the winnie trip? No way! = ) My two girls were so easy to spot with their hair, Jenn´s pig was a little harder, just glad the pig on the other side of the winnie that looked exactly like her´s was a male!

pigpal

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 12:32 pm

Wheeky8 - it´s clear you love your piggies very much, even if they were not quite what you expected! I was very impressed with your pig palace too, and even more impressed with how much your husband cares about the pigs. That´s unusual and you are fortunate indeed.

E - Monty was the baby Abby I took home from a cage cleaning gathering at Teresa´s one Saturday afternoon, right before the Hollister rescue. He´s a red eyed taupe, no matter what the official name is. He turned out to be the most obnoxious little shit I´ve ever known, beat up on my pigs mercilessly and shredded my poor Willie´s butt until it resembled raw hamburger.

Since I was otherwise occupied and not at home for much of this summer, I was unable to supervise them and ended up with all my pigs in seperate cages, in the care of some wonderful pig people I had never even met. Thus I never bonded with Monty and resented the damage he caused to my other pigs. I admit I never liked red eyes anyway.

He is back at Cavy Spirit, now neutered and paired up with an adorable fluffy cream, black and white Hollister sow. He is patiently awaiting someone who appreciates him more than I did. I tell him I´m sorry every time I see him, it wasn´t his fault.

pinta

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 2:30 pm

His sister, Dervish, is also an obnoxious little shit who is kept in check by the herd.

You remember how Seinfeld and Newman greeted each other? That´s how we greet Dervish.

wheeky8

Post   » Thu Oct 10, 2002 3:33 pm

pigpal-Since you so generously fed my addiction to gps, I´ve decided to go to go to vet school and become a PVM. I´ll probably go into private practice treating exotics only.
I also found myself pondering the purchase of an RV as I drove past Nolan´s RV on the way home from work yesterday.
Maybe you´ll be seeing me soon......

110 posts