A Guinea Pig in Need, is a Good Pet Indeed or, Why Adopt?

Wheekers3

Post   » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:25 pm

... and still has never bitten anyone.

Wheekers3

Post   » Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:46 pm

I can't remember how old Lil Bits is. Her original name was Bella.

It's terrible to not remember.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Jul 20, 2014 11:28 am

1. Take care of yourself. They'll be fine. Really. ;-) You can't care for them properly and give them the best you have if you are still recovering.

2. When you have had lots, and cared for them all well, and loved them all, you still can't keep track. That's okay. My husband and I got our first in 2001. There are now 17 resting in the back yard. My husband knows where all their graves and markers are. I don't. I started to feel badly about that, then thought, "well, it's better to have given 17 a good life, and take good care of the 4 we have now, than to remember where they all are."

My $0.02 only.

Wheekers3

Post   » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:54 pm

Thanks Talishan.

They are clean, dry and tummies full. Mr.Wheekers is a keeper.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:06 pm

That's what counts. ;-)

Wheekers3

Post   » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:23 pm

He even gives little kisses on their heads. What a man!

Wheekers3

Post   » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:36 pm

We got Stella in 2005? Time has flown and seasons passed. Stella is quite old now and showing it. She is thin, and injured her back last summer. Since then she is no longer allowed upstairs as I suspect it was the cause of injury. The hayrack is now the ground.

Her attitude is fairly good. She occasionally suffers from her past back injury, but has always felt better in a day or so.

She is going to be the partial ending of keeping these wonderful cheeky pets. Lil Bit continues to be her hairstylist and snack tester. I have a heavy heart.

Soon Lil Bits will be an only pig I'm afraid.

Wheekers3

Post   » Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:34 pm

It was 2008, my mistake, but still a good life.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:11 am

As long as she is comfortable most of the time, and happy, she knows she is loved. Blessings and joy to her this autumn.

Wheekers3

Post   » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:34 pm

Oh yeah, she certainly loves snacktime. That is our guideline.

Wheekers3

Post   » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:43 am

Stella passed away last night after a series of back to back siezures. She was in my home for 7 lovely years.

She never did bite anyone. ( she was an accused biter ) She always brought happiness to whomever was lucky enough to hold her.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:13 am

Godspeed and safe passage, Stella. You are loved and will always be remembered ... and your story has helped many, many other pigs. Let that be your legacy.

Hugs to you and yours, Wheekers3. She was not in discomfort for very long. Peace to her now, and to you.