SF ACC Needs Immediate Help - Large Dump Of Gps!

BizyLizy

Post   » Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:47 pm

I am passing this info along ...

The SF ACC had a large dump of 19 pigs and currently have 12 pigs. They need to move out 6 (ideally), but will be OK for a brief time with 4 adopted out.

The list is as follows:
A161896 F, brown and white, pregnant
A161897 F, Calico
A162191 F, 1 week old baby
These are all housed together.

A159938 neutered male, tricolor 1 1/2 yrs
A159939 neutered male, tan 1 1/2 years
These two are housed together.

A162114 F, 7 months
A162115 F, 7 months

A161993 F, red, 3 years
A161994 F, sealpoint, 3 years

A 159014 neutered male, adult, tricolor
Single

A161894 male, not neutered yet, but will be if adopted. Brown
Single

A160934 F, white, treated successfully for mites. 1 1/2 years

The timetable is early next week. People should go to the shelter directly to adopt.

More info can be reached at the link below or by contacting me at BizyLizy3@aol.com (so that I can connect you with the contact person who is not part of the SF ACC):
http://www.ci.sf.ca.us/acc/index.htm

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:43 am

I know that Cavy Spirit is full but have you contacted Teresa anyway?

I hate the holiday season.

BizyLizy

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:47 am

I know that Cavy Spirit is full but have you contacted Teresa anyway?
I forwarded the email to her although I don't know if she read it. I asked the person who sent it to me to also send it to her but I don't know if that was done. Thanks for the suggestion.

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2002 2:52 am

I know that she is pretty busy right now. Are you on AIM? I tried to IM you but it said you weren't online. I'm Charybdis444.

Anyways, I am taking 14 from PHS on Dec. 18. They are coming down to L.A. I'm crazy for even writing this. IM me if you can.

Nicole

BizyLizy

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:05 am

Are you on AIM? I tried to IM you but it said you weren't online. I'm Charybdis444.
Hmmmm. I don't know what aim is but I do have IM unless I've turned it off. I have another screen name and may be on using themecages@aol.com if I'm working on the theme-cage albums. What is AIM?

BizyLizy

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2002 3:08 am

Looks like I have AIM (IM). I was probably on under the other screen name. I tried to IM you just now but you were signed off.

BizyLizy

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2002 7:59 pm

I called today and all of the listed pigs are still at the shelter (and need homes ASAP).

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2002 8:19 pm

I'm in Washington and can take them if someone can help get them up here. I can go into Oregon. email me at kleenmama@aol.com

Charybdis

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2002 9:51 pm

I sent your email address on to BizyLizy. It's very generous of you to help out. I know someone who can take a couple of sows but the pigs would have to be transported to L.A. before Dec. 14. Let me know if you need my help.

kleenmama
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:27 pm

Thanks, I hope someone is coming up north.

BizyLizy

Post   » Mon Dec 09, 2002 10:43 pm

Thanks. I'll be checking back tonight with the person who sent me the email and with someone who fosters and volunteers with the guinea pigs at SF ACC. All listed pigs are still there and the person who makes the decision when they are put down is off on Mondays. We're trying to find the exact cut-off date so that the info can be sent to the HRS list tomorrow at the latest.

Do you have a preference as to which ones you would prefer to take or how many? The last of the two rescue males with mites that I have is to be placed this weekend I believe (I have a call into them). I might be able to hold a couple here prior to transport. Space is limited though since I just took in four of five hamsters to foster this weekend. They were picked up from a shelter by a local rescue group. Two of the hamsters are special needs but two should be placed this weekend.

BizyLizy

Post   » Tue Dec 10, 2002 3:14 am

I checked with the person who does volunteer work with the guinea pigs at the SF ACC and she indicated that she plans on taking about three of them. It was too late to call her back tonight so I'll check with her tomorrow. Also, an email was sent by the contact person to the House Rabbit Society list tonight asking if anyone can adopt, foster, or assist in driving some guinea pigs to potential foster homes in Upper Washington State or Southern California.