PetFinder

Wheek Times 3

Post   » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:05 am

Jessica and Alisa were found on Petfinder.

tnarmybrat05

Post   » Fri Mar 12, 2004 11:43 pm

I had no idea there was a rescue near my house until I checked out petfinder a little over a month ago, I'm headed up to Knoxville tomorrow to pick up my new pair!

betsa

Post   » Sat Mar 13, 2004 12:11 am

Janet is wonderful, you will love her! You will not only get a good pair of pigs, you will get all the help you need with them. She has placed over 300 pigs through her rescue.

Petfinder is a wonderful tool. Since I got my site in Nov, I have rescued and placed 27 pigs.

ottosmom

Post   » Sun Mar 14, 2004 4:17 pm

I found my Taz on Petfinder.

jul312

Post   » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:09 pm

I am such a believer in rescues. My dog, cat, and 3 of my 5 piggies were rescues.

The only problem for me is there are no local piggie rescues. My first piggie rescue is no longer in existance, and the second rescue was from NJ, and they were kind enough to transport them to me, so I made sure I covered all of their tranpsortation costs, and then some.

I have been contemplating starting my own rescue in the future, but that is at least a year down the road until I will be able to have the area prepared and set up, along with alot of the other necessary "stuff" that needs to be done with becoming non-profit. My vet is an exotics vet, so I already have that covered, and he is very good, but I like to have all my ducks in a row before starting out. That makes for an easier time of it when I'm ready to start accepting "roomies".

ChadWPB

Post   » Sun Apr 25, 2004 2:12 pm

Heh. The rescue I deal with is in Gainesville, about 275 miles away. We make a day trip out of adopting a piggie.

spikes mom

Post   » Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:37 pm

I got my Spike and Hawk on petfinder. At the time, I didn't know that a rescue existed for piggies. Looking for Love was actually not far away and the foster dad was even closer!

2piggies4me

Post   » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:09 pm

I got my second piggie from Petfinder...I found Have A Heart and adopted my baby Issaiah from Marci. Adoption is the only way to go, as far as I'm concerned. The word is definitely spreading. I'm proof of that...

pigs+rats

Post   » Fri Jul 16, 2004 12:43 pm

I found my girls on petfinder. There is a recue in Chicago Illinois that I contacted. One of the foster homes was in Decater and I am in belleville. The foster was nice enough to meet me in Springfield saving me about 175 miles. My girls are so sweet and wonderful I am very happy with them and would reccomend this rescue.

GuineaPinny

Post   » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:15 pm

I found a girl on Petfinder who I'm adopting this Saturday! We're driving two hours to get her--I never would have found Sparks (soon to be Zoe) or Furry Friends Rescue without Petfinder. I fell in love with her at first sight!

Topaz

Post   » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:22 pm

She's beautiful!

sus4rabbitsnpigs

Post   » Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:23 pm

She is very pretty.