I will take in Piggies

Rose
Wheeks and Cheeps

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:10 pm

UUHHMM...I prefer to be called MS. Fat Ass Bitch Thank you very much. I've worked very hard for that title.....

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:13 pm

a whatta?

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:21 pm

Read back the thread, Erin.

So, the mysterious name-caller has emailed me and I've asked her permission to post it here. I'll let you know if I get it. I think it is easier to follow if people have all of the information. Still no offer to see the animals now since "we are moving..." Perfectly understandable, but questionable still since the offer was thrown out and immediately retracted. I'd still like to know about this "we."

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 10:37 pm

i see, I missed that page or something!

Should be interesting to know what comes of her contacting you. I'd for you to be able to see a breeding rescue.

Megan

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 8:42 am

I dont know what kind of rescue this is... You're either a rescue - or a breeder. How can you rescue pigs when really, you're making more? WITH those pigs? For your own use or not. *sigh*

I dont even know who'd want to buy a "pitbull" from you. Pits have a bad name the way it is, like someone who wants a PET pitbull would actually buy from a breeder who could give two shits about the animal, and leaves them outside with out being part of the family!

I for one want a pitbull, but when I go to a breeder(if i dont go to a rescue , still unsure on what I want to do with a breed such as this) who actually keeps the animals in a family enviroment, where they are loved, and looked as part of the family... Not just thrown outside; babies aren't socialized, thus won't make the best pets.

Perhaps we have a dog fighter, who takes in guinea pigs to 'train' her dogs on? Seems fitting to me. Oh Joy.

Caroline

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:22 am

Megan, here my advise: when you are ready to adopt, contact the Am. Staff rescue and have them help you find the right dog. Dogs need rehoming for a variety of reasons and the rescue and fosters can evaluate you and your potential pet. Pit Bulls have such a bad reputation and backyard breeders aren't helping any in changing this. In Detroit, dogfighting is such a problem, that all dogs of that breed or mix confiscated are destroyed, regardless of their personality or age.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:41 am

Holly has emailed me several times and given me permission to post them here for your knowledge and enjoyment:
Holly Kruger" <american_pit13@hotmail.com>
To: celestecavies@yahoo.com
Subject: Guinea pigs

I have not e-mail you because I don't really care to have you come and be rude to me. I do not like people being rude to me when they do not even know me. Now if someone got some horrible Guinea pigs from me then I would understand. No one on that board has seen any of my Guinea pigs or any other animals for that matter.You all just seem to want to be rude to someone.
Also everyone deciding that I feed Guinea pigs and cats to my dog is just unbelivable.I am totaly willing to have you over but not at this secound.We are moving so you are welcome to came by when we are all moved in. When you come I will be have a few people here that know me and my animals that can tell you I have always taken the best care of my animals. Of course you will be able to see for your self they are taken care of.

Holly
My reply to that one:
Holly:

I'm glad you decided to join the conversation. I didn't imply that you fed any of your animals to other animals. We're all suspicious of your inconsistencies on GL and other forums. If you'd like to clear it up, please do so in clear and concise language on the board. It is very easy to assume one is not telling the whole story when such inconsistencies are found. We're all waiting for the truth. Please do not mistake digging for the truth to be insensitivity, but rather concern that all information on the site be as correct as humanly possible. There is so much misinformation out there that the members of GL do everything they can to eliminate it and promote healthy information so that cavies live long, happy lives (to 5-8 years at least). Breeders are not promoted on the site since they do not have the animal's best interests and health in mind. You will find many reasons for this mentality if you do a search and a bit of reading.

I understand you do not feel comfortable having someone who is very well established in the animal welfare field in your home. That is your decision. It is suspicious that you made the offer and immediately withdrew it, though. You keep referring to "we are moving." Who's we? I thought you lived alone and were emancipated. Perhaps you work for a vet clinic as well? I hope you do not take my stance on Dr. Murray as personal. He and I go back almost 20 years and we used to take our family pets to him. Not after the negligence with the cavies. I do hope you decide to try Butte-Oroville for your pets' veterinary needs. Dr. Mewborne at Oroville Animal Health Clinic is also great for larger pets, but not experienced with cavies.

We would love to see pics of your pets on the message boards. I hope you stick around to use the vast amount of correct and reliable information offered on the GuineaLynx forum.

Would it be possible for me to post your comments on the forums (Guinea Lynx) so that all sides of the story are presented in as fair light as possible?

Sincerely,

Josephine
Her reply:
I never said I live alone I just live on my own.I live with my
boyfriend.I do not wish to post on that board anymore because they will just take what I say and find some way to use it agianst me. I do not mind talking to you and you can tell them what you wish.I only wish to breed because of the simple fact that a lot of people like guinea pigs but want babys. They do not wish to have a guinea that was raised by someone else. I have never bred
them and only say that I do bred so that down the line if I bred them people would not be all surprised not noing that I was agianst breeding. Yes I am agianst people that just breed and breed. If I do see the problem you guys see in breeding than I will bee agianst it, but I don't yet and have not been given the chance. I have only not left the board because it will not let me. What
the lady said to do didn't work.

Holly
Her reply I opened this morning after I sent her a one-liner asking her again if I may print the emails on Guinea Lynx:
From: "Holly Kruger" <american_pit13@hotmail.com> To: celestecavies@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: Guinea pigs.

Yes you can post my e-mails.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 9:51 am

My reply this morning:
Holly:

Have you seen and read these links on breeding and rescues?:

http://www.cavyspirit.com/breeding.htm

http://www.cavyspirit.com/responsiblebreeder.htm

https://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3953

Your letters are still difficult to read due to grammar and spelling errors. Do you have spellcheck on your computer? Most do.

SusieQ
Scrapbook Addict

Post   » Sun Mar 09, 2003 10:13 pm

Someone should send all these letters to the Minister of Education next time she proposes a budget cut. It saddens me how many people my age (20) can't spell or use proper grammar.