I will take in Piggies

Paravati
I GAVE, dammit!

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:14 am

Yeah, well, CFno5 - I posted on that thread too. And just because I believe some unusual things doesn't make me a Freak Rescuer unworthy of respect.

You should be allowed to have whatever convictions you want religiously and ethically, as long as you provide good animal care and make a positive difference on the rescue world. I really hope she wasn't saying what it sounded like she was saying, or I might get offended.

CenterFielderNo5

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:40 am

Hey, my post was supposed to be a joke poking fun at myself.

I'm sure if Lynx wants to elaborate on her statement, she won't be at a loss for words to do so.

But she wrote, "there are... many strange people out there (think 'aliens')."

Maybe she meant you are strange.

Maybe she meant there are aliens impersonating real people out there.

Maybe she meant there are crazy aliens planning to take over the world and end human existance as we know it by pretending to fight for the rights of animals by infiltrating PETA and other non-profit and government organizations.

Maybe she meant none of those things. I can only take her words at face value. She said "strange." She didn't say "unworthy of respect."

So you're a freak. So what? Wear it as a badge of honor! I do.

:D

Seriously, I know you posted in the alien thread and your views are unconventional. But I think anyone who conforms to all of society's norms and expectations is a weak follower who can't think for himself. I'd use the word "sheep," but that's a touchy subject right now, ironically enough, in that very thread. Don't be mad when people call you weird and crazy. It simply confirms that you have a grip on reality.

Teresa

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 6:14 am

Just had a thought on the Responsible Rescue thread. I would add as #2: Does not show. and somewhere down around #23: Does not attend shows.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:25 am

Paravati, it was not a reference to you at all. I think sometimes when we meet people we don't understand at all, we think of them as aliens. Like I said in another post, if Michael Jackson doesn't prove there are aliens on this earth, nothing does. You are a genuine, believable, honest person I certainly admire. And I hope you do rescue for as long as it is right for you.

melcvt00

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 7:38 am

You know, Lynx, that comment makes me think of MIBII.

Becky

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 9:42 am

Slinky, Josephine won't be going to her house because pitbull person never sent her an address.

I feel pretty safe saying that if Josephine had an address, she'd be on it in a New York minute.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 11:28 am

Ha! No, both because of the lost contact and the story that has holes in it. Around here you can get shot by those backyard breeders. But I could always let loose my hounds. As I stated before, I know just about everyone in the veterinary community and animal control in Oroville and Butte County. Our clinic in Chico takes care of several K9 officers and their partners. It wouldn't be too difficult. As it is, I can make some calls.

There are a lot of backyard "pitbull" breeders here and many dog fighting rings or show persons of your standard "sell them to Japan" variety. One person I used to work with (she was a client), sanctioned and ran local shows and had a breeding operation. The puppies were kept in crates all day in their own waste. Highly parasitized puppies (usually whips and roundworms--sometimes coccidia). They had the parvo protocol down pat, but we didn't treat all of the positive dogs. We saw a puppy in cardiac arrest (which was resuscitated several times) due to the high parasite burden. Real winner.

Charybdis

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:53 pm

Lynx, can you add Teresa's suggestions?

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 1:57 pm

I'm not sure what attending shows really says (I think I'd go if there were one nearby purely out of curiousity, to see what it was like -- and I'd pass out some care pamphlets). There may be different motivations for doing so. Showing is another matter.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:02 pm

P.S. Not going to change it now. I'd have to change all those darn numbers (you didn't use the list function which would number automatically -- I think).

How about in a week or two, when you're happy with it, send me the exact copy you want up and I can edit it then.

Josephine
Little Jo Wheek

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 2:07 pm

To attend a show does not necessarily contribute to the profit of the show. That's a good point, Lynx. Are there any rescuers out there who walk in to pet stores that sell animals to check out conditions (and possibly chase around the manager)? I would think that to be similar.

It is the showing that is not a good idea. I even knew a "guinea pig rescue" who had never bred cavies, but showed some of the showable rescues (doing fairly well--not wonderful, but enough to continue showing for a while and be competitive). She's really a collector and I have known other "rescues" to do so. It does make the reputable rescues look bad. Anyone can print off a few pamphlets, business cards, and a sign or two and call themselves "Guinea Pig Rescue." There are but few out there that I would consider true rescues and I like the idea of a printed list to help inexperienced members of the public distinguish the characteristics.

american_pitbull13

Post   » Wed Mar 05, 2003 4:32 pm

OK,
I did not read every line of bullshit you people put up, but I dont really care what you have to say. I had to leave yesterday because my sister needed me. I am sure you guys dont care about people just guinea pigs. What the hell does spelling have anything to do with guinea bigs? nothing you just want to be fat ass bitches. I came here and was totaly nice but not any more. I am leaving this board and yes Josephine I will be e-mailing you to give you my address just to prove to you that my animals are just as well taken care of as yours. None of my puupys have any health problems. I am a registered kennel and not a back yard breeder.OH, and I pay for my own house thank you I work hard for it and the government gives me no money so you can all just [expletive deleted] off.Josephine if you are interested e-mail me.