2 TENNESSEE GUINEAS FOR ADOPTION....PLEASE READ

Anna17Beth

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:08 pm

Hey Y'all,
I have TWO loving Guineas...Paprika(Peppy) and Vinegar(Vinny) who need a NEW loving home. I recently got a new dog for birthday and now have 2 dogs, a cat and a fish and just dont have to room. I really love them and they are ONLY GOING TO A GOOD HOME!!!!!! Please e-mail me I have MANY pics!!! P.s-They ARE NOT to be seperated!!!!!Image

imanut4u

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:10 pm

Only to a GOOD home?

You should probably just keep them. So many people think they will be providing the best home for a guinea pig ... and they do, until a new dog comes along.

Anna17Beth

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:21 pm

Hi Imanut4,
I do not WANT to get rid of them, I MUST. I am only 15 about to be 16 and my parents are MAKING me. They are MAKING me. Therefore i haven't a choice, but Thanks for your comments,

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:23 pm

how is the dog taking up the room the pigs are in? Is the dog going to be caged where the pigs are? I don't understand how adding a dog takes away space for a guinea pig cage.

Anna17Beth

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:33 pm

Okay,
I never said that the dog was taking up room. It is too much hassle and money and the pigs aren't getting enough attention. I want to give them to someone who has 1. a POSITIVE attitude 2. that will give them attention. I didn't think it was soo cruel to give them up. I feel guilty keeping them. They are loved but they also need attention. The guineas are in my room. I unfortunately have a small room and no other room is available to place the pigs in.

GuineaPigMan

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:36 pm

Shoulda thought of this before you got them.

Good luck on your search.

Anna17Beth

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:36 pm

What I meant by there is no room is that the cage is too big for MY room and as i just said there isn' t any other room of my house to put them in. Plus I cannot get a bigger or smaller. Bigger would be a HUGE hassle and $$$ and smaller would be TOO SMALL for two pigs. Hope you understand

Anna17Beth

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:37 pm

I didn't really expect to be getting a DOG for my birthday. That isn't my fault.

GuineaPigMan

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:46 pm

All I said was you should have thought about what might come into your life, before you got the pigs.

You say the pigs are too much of a hassle, and too costly. Were they too much of a hassle BEFORE you got the dog? Where they too costly then?

Not very fair to the pigs.

Anna17Beth

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:49 pm

I'm sorry. And No they weren't costly and a hassle before I got the dog. I know it isn't fair to them I have already thought about this long and hard. There is NO way I can keep them and I at least want THEM to be happy!!!
Thanks though

Etta Mae
Lynx's Favorite

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:51 pm

Have you posted on Pet Finder?

Also- I've heard that www.cavycages.com has a classifieds section where you can advertise your pigs.

Anna17Beth

Post   » Thu Mar 06, 2003 11:54 pm

Yes I have actually...Thanks for the suggestion though!!!!

Etta Mae
Lynx's Favorite

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:01 am

Please don't take them to a shelter. Hopefully if your parents will be patient, you will find a good home. Get the word out EVERYWHERE.

You may get some flack for it, as I am sure you know. I am also sure you realize it's not totally undeserved, am I right?

Post anyway, take it without being defensive and rude, and hopefully someone will want them.

Anna17Beth

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:03 am

Thanks Etta,
I do not plan on taking them to a shelter. I am going to keep trying until I find some good people to give them too!!!! Thanks.

GuineaPigMan

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:07 am

I am not trying to be the mean one here, I just don't understand how they are all of a sudden such a hassle since you got the dog, but looks to be fine before?

PauloF

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:09 am

I didn't really expect to be getting a DOG for my birthday

Let me see if I got it right. Does it mean that when you get a birthday present, you have to surrender something you previously had (and supposedly care for)?? Even if you haven't asked for that specific birthday present?

Next year, in case you get a kitten for your birthday, will you have to surrender one of the dogs? Maybe both?

Etta Mae
Lynx's Favorite

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 12:10 am

The bottom line is, the pigs will suffer if they are in a home with a minor who has lost interest.

tiggerlily

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 1:49 am

I'm going to e-mail you for more info. I am not too far from you and might be able to offer your guinea pigs a home.

Slinky

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 2:06 am

I didn't really expect to be getting a DOG for my birthday. That isn't my fault.
Take the dog back. And before you do, stand up to your parents. Look them right in the eyes, and tell them "This is a dog. This is not a gift, this is a responsibility. It is a responsibility that was not my choice, as the guinea pigs were. This responsibility was you choice, so it should be your responsibility."

Do I expect you to not get in trouble for saying that? No. But I do believe that, if your parents are good people, they'll respect you for it in the long run.

Erin8607
Knee Deep

Post   » Fri Mar 07, 2003 11:38 am

slinky, as much as she says she loves these pigs and doesn't want to give them away, what kid is going to tell their parents to take a dog back before getting rid of the dull guinea pigs. Sad, but it's true. I just wonder what the big deal is, if there were already 2 cats and another dog, who takes care of them? Why weren't the pigs suffering then? Or maybe they were?

Who knows, but I hope the pigs go to someone who enjoys them.

60 posts