Foster/Forever Home needed in Cleveland

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:07 am

Those were just the best pictures, especially the one with Honey in the between her new pals. You're right about Pixie, those napping photos of her are so sweet. She's already shutting her eyes and loving where she is.

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:58 pm

Oh yes, Honey is definately the one pushing me over on keeping them. She's been through a lot in her little life, and she loves her new friends! It's like another fairytale has unfolded in this house.

PattiZee

Post   » Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:10 pm

I love this story! I wish that happened to my pigs...when mine do break ins all I see is one of them running for their lives or food bowls tipping over!

GuineaPigGoddess

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:05 am

Sorry for digging up an old thread, just thought I'd give one final update...

The girls known as Pixie and Dixie are now together forever over the Rainbow Bridge. I secretly always knew that they belonged here. I believe we had 2 or 3 fantastic homes interested in them, but something always happened and each time, I grew to know that they were here for a reason.

Pixie began to have seizures, and our vet diagnosed her with epilepsy. She passed a week later from a ruptured cyst on her tummy that was discovered less than 24 hours before her death. It was such a shock, she seemed completely fine and was actually getting better. We had an appointment to have the cyst looked at, because it had just appeared and we decided it wasn't exactly an emergency, and we'd rather her see our regular vet, but she never made it. She was my first pig who I wasn't there to at least comfort in the last moments. Dixie handled Pixie's passing well, but we soon found out that Dixie a senior pig and anemic. Again, less than 24 hours of bringing her home from the vets with meds, and a hopeful spirit, her frail body couldn't take it anymore.

Their history was unknown, but considering the events that led to their deaths, the vet determined that the girls had horrible genes that led them to practically falling apart at the seams.

Sometimes I think it may have been better for them both to have been put to sleep on December 28, when they were supposed to. They wouldn't have gone through the stress and pain they had. But then I look back at the love they got before they pranced over the Rainbow Bridge, and now I can't imagine not having those girls. The memories I have from these girls are so priceless and mean a lot to me. They really did change my life and I loved every second of being their owner, even though it was for a cruelly short time.

RIP ladies, I miss you tons.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:22 am

I can guarantee you *they* would have chosen to have the six months with you. You made all the right decisions at the right times.

Godspeed and safe passage to two very special little spirits. The gifts of your presence will not be forgotten, and you will always be loved.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:30 am

I think For those 2 special girls their time with you was priceless. The love in their eyes speaks volumes!

Piggies with crappy backgrounds truly appreciate however short/long time they get to enjoy with good care and lots of love.

Little girls, may you rest in peace!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:45 pm

I'm so glad they had this time with you. I am sure they knew it was where they belonged.

LisasHerd

Post   » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:17 pm

They were in piggie heaven long before they crossed the bridge GPG...deed well done!

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:07 am

They got to pass surrounded by friends and knowing they were loved and cared for.

Can't get much better than that.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:44 pm

I’m so sorry about Pixie and Dixie. Their lives may have been short, but they were rich indeed for being able to spend their last six months in your guinea pig paradise.

rpaws

Post   » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:40 pm

I also think Pixie and Dixie treasured those 6 extra months. There were able to be loved and cared by you for that time.

So many people, me included, wish for just a little more time with those we deeply love, just to have one more day. You got that time, for more than just one day.

As a human, I know sometimes there is a little suffering to get something that is so precious. That was what Pixie and Dixie did. They knew what they got from you made the suffering insignificant.

I look at that picture and see two very beautiful well loved guinea pigs.

They will be just fine at the rainbow bridge. There only the pleasant remains.

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:37 pm

I'm so very sorry, bless you for rescuing them in the first place. I cried reading this post, I hadn't realized this was an older thread until now. They were such gorgeous, happy girls. They were surrounded by love.