20 guinea pigs Danbury, CT

rpaws

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:38 pm

Can someone please contact me regarding the transfer.

I'm very flexible in doing a person to person transfer.

I need to know the time to be at Cindy's place in CT to pick up the guinea pigs. Obviously this depends on the time/location I should be passing along the guinea pigs to Ericka.

shanachie05

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:52 pm

I just emailed you too.
I am flexible all day, so plan your driving when you are most comfortable. We met before just off 495 in a mongo parking lot at a home depot I think it was. Is that ok? LMK.
If I'm delayed, I will try to get back to you. But looks like a long exhausting night. Beth is sicker like crazy tonight, the last 10 minutes just got a lot worse.

Will try to check email often tonight, but if I'm delayed, please know I m doing my best.

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:23 pm

A great big THANK YOU to all of you that have helped out with the group of guinea pigs. If you hadn't stepped up and helped out these pigs would still be in the cold garage or maybe even something worse. We weren't in a position at this time to handle this large of a group and it was very upsetting to think what may have happened to them.

Rpaws picked up 8 males today and brought them to Shanachie who will hold onto them until she can bring 4 to Lifelongtails. Sidera picked up 2 females to bring to Maisiesmom.

A happy ending for the bad boy. One of my friends that was helping me sort out the pigs today has fallen in love with Bad Boy. He is now known as "Flint" and will be neutered in a couple of weeks. Then he will be living with 5 females and 2 other neutered males.

The remaining females still need to be sorted out with potential adopters. They won't be leaving until after vet checks and the holidays.

Thank you again everyone!!!!

shanachie05

Post   » Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:07 pm

PHOTOS!!!!
Enjoy.

What's really neat is that their brother, Flint, named above follows the naming trend I started before even photographing them! Long before I read above that Flint is named Flint!

Black Satin who has these really incredible gold highlights. Can't see them here. "Sid" named after Obsidian which is a stone of black with gold or yellowish hue when the edge shines in light.

Roan little guy. I haven't a name yet, thinking of Carney, for a carnival and for carnelian, but maybe that's stupid.

One of the original guinea pigs from the store. Brown Agouti who mentioned he would like the name Jasper.

Orange and lilac(?) satin with white markings.

Black/Orange satin, little peanut of a piggie.

Check out the eyebrow hairs! This little chocolate guy has the neatest eyes.

Lilac/Orange satin with pink eyes. He has no white, and is how I can tell him from the other Lilac. Maybe it's not lilac, I don't know. I can't name the color, suspect you guys know what it is.

The Super Satin guy. He really is stunning. His name is Mica.

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:54 am

They are all beautiful!

Sidera17

Post   » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:06 pm

Little Girl #1 looks like Lilac/Orange satin, except with a white stripe, and Little Girl #2 looks like Nutmeg.

I took them out this morning to try and coax them to eat. They will not leave the cozy sack, even for food. x.x

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sun Dec 18, 2011 1:20 pm

So glad you got these beauties!

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Wonderful pictures!! I'll work on getting some pictures of the girls. I like the name Carney!

crazypiggie247
The Herd Of Wonders

Post   » Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:54 pm

I like Carney too. He is a very striking boy, so cute!

They are all very snuggly.

Maisiesmom
Supporter in '11

Post   » Mon Dec 19, 2011 12:30 pm

I can't wait to see the girls I'll be fostering! These are really stunning looking piggies.

seraphanjil

Post   » Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:40 pm

I am so amused!!! They are just beautiful! Just breakdown for me who has which pigs and who they are paired with if they are paired. That way I can attempt to put them on my petfinder site. My husband's computer hates the petfinder admin site and my computer is busted so i'm having some difficulty updating

Maisiesmom
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:29 am

Two little girls arrived at my place last night. They are like two scared shiney pennies huddled in a snuggle sack. One is red and agouti, the other is chocolate and red with white markings and pretty ruby eyes.

Poor babies have no clue as to veggies but they do go through hay. I'm going to put them next door to my scraggly little sow who inhales her veggies. Maybe they'll get the idea.