20 guinea pigs Danbury, CT

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Fri Dec 09, 2011 12:22 pm

Received an email from someone in Danbury, CT that needs help finding homes for 20 plus guinea pigs. In the email they stated that the pigs are currently living in their garage. We don't have room to take them but can help sort this all out if any other rescues can take some. I've started receiving pictures of the pigs (which I requested) but am still waiting on sexes, ages, and who is housed with who.

Emails from the person have been scattered and spread out over the past 2 weeks.

seraphanjil

Post   » Fri Dec 09, 2011 1:11 pm

I can't do much right this second with the move and all but I"ll keep you posted and see if I can help even a little in the next week or two. I do have some adoptions coming up which means open foster homes

Sidera17

Post   » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Oh goodness! 20 in the garage?! ;_; Depending on the condition, I can help transport/foster some. They would have to be males, though, or Spike will have a heart attack.

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:13 pm

There are 11 females and 9 males, ages range from 3 months to 19 months. Males and females are separated.

Sidera17

Post   » Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:20 pm

Oh good gosh, that's a lot of pigs. I can help transport any of them. If a temporary foster is needed, I can take a few boys.

LifeLongTails

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:58 am

I would be willing to take some in ( into the rescue that is) if transport can be made to Buffalo, NY.
I am trying to think positive that it is an attached garage that is heated, well lighted and well furbished. But, I doubt that is the case .

shanachie05

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:10 am

I can foster too. I can take some to Buffalo. We are going out for Christmas on dec24th. And will be in buffalo til the 29th.
Pm me if you'd like. And I will follow this thread to see how things develop.

rpaws

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:09 pm

I might be able to help with transportation depending on where the rescues are.

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:13 pm

Not sure how well protected the garage is. I've got pictures of about 10 of the pigs. The owner is aware that the garage is not a good situation for the pigs and wants to place them in a hurry before it gets any colder.

I still haven't been able to determine how there became so many pigs. The first email that I received was from a woman who said that her boyfriend's child had 20 pigs that needed homes quick"

Whoever is able to take some let me know how many and I'll try to coordinate everything.

Big thank you to everyone that is offering to pitch in.

Obfuscated

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:11 pm

20 pigs in a garage!? This does not sound good at all, especially if the contact's being flakey.

I wish I could help!

shanachie05

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:19 pm

Critter Connection,
life long tails can take 7 so I can take her 7. I am going out to Buffalo on the 26th of December.
I can also take a batch in addition to the 7. I can foster for a while. If Seraph or you or someone has space open up, I can transfer later.
If you have a group of same sex pigs, I can build a cage to hold 4 or 5 of the same sex.

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:25 pm

Ericka, if Rpaws can help transport to you I can get the pigs from Danbury and hold them at my place. If I get them next Saturday can we set up transport to you on Sunday? Would you be able to accomodate the ones going to buffalo for the week? I can't do anything during the weekdays as far as taking the pigs in or helping with transport.