20 guinea pigs Danbury, CT

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:48 pm

" ... just 2 pigs purchased at a petstore one year ago ... "

I am gonna email someone and see if this can't be put in the Records forum or on a sticky somewhere. 20 in **one year** from improperly sexed petstore pigs.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:02 am

You could do a warning thread with a paragraph containing the pertinent info linking back to this thread.

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:22 pm

Pigs arrived yesterday afternoon. So far they appear to be in decent shape. A few of the males have bites that are healing, nothing looks infected. All the males were kept in one enclosure the females in another. I've never seen pigs inhale hay like these did. There was not one piece of hay in their cages this morning. They don't know what to do with veggies.

Sidera17

Post   » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Oh goodness! At least they were separated by sex. Can you imagine the disaster if they were all together?

I can't wait to meet them.

Also, Maisiesmom-- just to clarify, I am picking up a pair for you as well on Saturday, and then we're meeting sometime next week?

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:11 pm

This is how I've got the males split up right now and they seem to be peaceful
Two pairs of 4 month olds
One group of 4 males - one adult, 2 juveniles, 4 month old
One single male - he was starting fights with all the others so I put him alone

Females are all together, I'm watching them to see who is friends with who so I can pair them up accordingly. I'm going to be taking several of the females to the vet, their stomachs are totally bald as well as their sides, no scratching, scabs or marks. Most likely severe vitamin C deficiency, they are under 6 months of age so I doubt it is hormonal. I want to be certain though.

Maisiesmom - do you want males or females?

seraphanjil

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:23 am

I have an approved adopter for a single if the bad boy can get sent down here asap. Would it be possibe to get a photo of him for me to send to the potential adopters.

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:18 am

The bad boy is the grey and white one in this thread. Do you want a better picture of him? Or will that one do. He is one of the pigs that Sidera is picking up.

seraphanjil

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:19 am

Perfect. I was able to save the photo and forward it to the adopters so hopefully he will have a home all lined up for him :)

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:27 am

Fantastic! He is more handsome in person than in the picture.

seraphanjil

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:43 am

I love the silver and whites. So pretty!!

Sidera17

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:54 pm

Why do all the bad boys end up at my house? ;) <3

seraphanjil

Post   » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:00 pm

lol well he won't have to be there long. As soon as the adopter confirms, he can be shipped off to Maisiesmom who can drop off to me and then he can go to his forever home.