20 guinea pigs Danbury, CT

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Mon Dec 12, 2011 8:26 am

Thank you everyone. All 20 will come to my house this week, either on Wednesday or Saturday morning. Seraph, did Ericka say how many she can accomodate until she goes to Buffalo?

seraphanjil

Post   » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:27 am

She said she can keep 4-5 of the same sex at her house but i'm not sure if she would also be picking up some to bring to Buffalo as well. I"ll ask her this afternoon

shanachie05

Post   » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:42 pm

I'm back on. Thank you, Seraphanjil. Long story that is off topic as to inability to login.
I can take 4-5 same sex pigs to foster at my house to take to adoption events and hold for Seraph or others if room opens.
I am also taking 7 for Life Long Tails.
I can do Sunday pickup. Will be coming from Deerfield, NH that weekend, as it is the barn's holiday party all weekend.

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:45 pm

Shanachie, are you going to come all the way to CT? Or do you want me to see if Rpaws can come Sunday morning and bring them to Massachusetts?

Sidera17

Post   » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:18 pm

Okay, so for the NY end of this, Maisiesmom is getting a pair that I am picking up for her and then delivering sometime next week, and I am picking up a single or pair of males to foster until after New Years?

Critterconnection- You can email me and let me know what day and time is best for the pickup. :)

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:28 pm

Great job!

LifeLongTails

Post   » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:59 pm

Is there anyone helping the remaining 8 to 9 piggies?
I could take in two to threemore if shanachie05 is okay with that. Making 9 to 10 guinea pigs we can take in.

That still leaves 5 to 6 , does anyone know if these guinea pigs have help?
Oh I see, MaisiesMom and Sidera17 is taking 2 to three.
I just hate the thought of leaving anyone behind.

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:45 pm

Lifelongtails, I will keep whoever is left over. I've received a couple of really good adoption applications. No one will be left behind. Thank you for helping out with this.

shanachie05

Post   » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:00 pm

Okay, I am taking 9 or 10 of the pigs for Life Long Tails to transport to her in Buffalo. I will pick them up when I pick up the 4 or 5 I am taking into foster. If you have adopters and space opening up, and if others foster so that the actual numbers of these pigs ( the Buffalo LLT group and the foster group I'm taking) is different, that's fine.
It would be nice if rpaws could help them get closer to me in MA. I would come from Deerfield, NH with a recalcitrant 7 yr old daughter, so any help rpaws would be willing to offer would be much appreciated.
Holding LLT's pigs for the week until we go to Buffalo on the 26th wil be fine with me. I have a big attic so I don't mind. We leave no pig behind!

Are they pretty? Have you seen any of them, Critter Connection? I bet they're sooooo pretty. Are they all Americans? (indulging my inner 5yr old)

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:28 pm

The number for Lifelongtails may be lower. If the adoption applications that I received follow through I will probably keep 4 or 5 pigs here. Don't want to overwhelm anyone.
I've got pictures, will try to get them on photo bucket later and then post a few here. All smooth hairs.
What time are you going to be leaving New Hampshire on Sunday?

Critter Connecti
Supporter in '12

Post   » Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:36 am

The pigs will be arriving at my house Saturday morning. I'd like to hold them until Sunday morning so I can see who gets along with who and to make sure that no one has mites, lice, or URIs (from being in the garage) It will take me some time to assess them all. I can start treatment for the mites and lice and if anyone has an URI I will hold onto them and start antibiotics.

I was able to determine that these pigs are not the result of a breeder, just 2 pigs purchased at a petstore one year ago, and the situation grew from there. The family had someone come in July to help them sex and separate the males and females.

shanachie05

Post   » Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:22 am

I have the whole day, so can leave anytime.
If you want time to assess and rpaws is willing, later in the day is fine with me. It will also give me time to hang out with the Sunday clients which I'd like to do.