lethal for sale in Toronto

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:33 pm

Hi Ed!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:44 pm

"Caroline, for principle and legal-ish reasons, cannot pay for a pig. It would completely violate her relationship with the vets who provide care to the rescues, the funding she sometimes receives etc. "

I totally understand that from a donators point of view. I have a donation program set up with her, 10% of all sales goes to her. I am so glad she can help, that all of you can help this little lethal.

Hi there Ed, your a cutie!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:53 pm

Aw, what a honey!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:45 am

He just wants corn husks. ;-)

I can throw in a little gas money here if it helps anyone.

sweetrapunzelmeg

Post   » Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:15 pm

Yay! I am happy!

Ech90
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Kristen, Lana, Caroline, and I have all been in contact with each other and up to date, but I thought you guys might like to know that Caroline is going to pick up the little guy tomorrow and taking him to her vet for a check up before bringing him back to the rescue. I'm so happy with how this is all shaping out and I can't wait to see the pics of him!

Also, hi Ed and Timon! You guys are cuties :)

Cinnabuns Legacy

Post   » Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:57 pm

Oh thank you guys! I really hope they are willing to surrender the cavy to the rescue. This really is a tricky situation because at $10 they probably aren't making any profit off of the cavy, and he is a lethal which could go into horrible hands. But of course on the other hand, those of us who do rescue can't stand the thought of buying an animal from a pet store and giving them demand for supply. It's really a catch 22 situation unless a pet store is willing to give away an animal.

Lana

Post   » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:10 am

Caroline has the pig. will post more later.

Kermie831

Post   » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:12 am

!!! :-D

seraphanjil

Post   » Tue Jun 12, 2012 11:16 am

whoooot!!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2017

Post   » Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:35 pm

Yay!

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:02 pm

YAY!!!

Ech90
Supporter in '13

Post   » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:14 pm

Here's an email update from Caroline!
The people at the pet store were very kind, and clearly cared about him. They did not charge the $10 fee, and gave me his bowls so that he would have familiar things around him. They also offered his cage, but I didn't take it as I had one exactly the same here.

His name is Sabre (as in sabre-tooth tiger, because of his one tooth). He's two years old. He had been at the pet store about a year, after being left there along with his son (!!!). The son was not a lethal, and was rehomed.

They told me he is blind and deaf, although I will reserve judgment for now as to whether he's completely deaf – he jumped when one of the dogs barked, but it could have been coincidence. They said he only eats spring mix greens, but I sliced up romaine and cucumber, and offered some shaved carrots, all of which he consumed very happily. They also said he doesn't drink out of a bottle and constantly tips his water bowl over. I decided to try the bottle and, lo and behold, he drinks from it perfectly well.

They were feeding him on a seed mix, but he seems happy enough to eat pellets.

They told me he has no back teeth, but as he eats pellets and hay, I don't think that is true. Hopefully, though, it means the back teeth are not posing any problems. I didn't get to take him to see my vet as she wasn't available until 2pm, and I had to get back home. He seems in good health, though, just needs his nails clipping, which I'll do later this week.

What happens now? In theory, I can look after him until the end of July, but it would be better for him to be moved sooner, so that he doesn't get too settled here and then get uprooted again. If he will be with me until July, I shall probably move him to a foster home, which would have more time to give him individual attention.

He's a cute little guy!
She also said that he has now eaten all his veggies, tipped over his bowls and is sleeping peacefully after his busy morning :D

Kermie831

Post   » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:15 pm

eschimpf
SweetPea

Post   » Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:26 pm

What a sweety! I wish I was closer to take him. :( I'm glad he seems to be in great health.

Ellisa

Post   » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:09 pm

What a lovely boy! I'm so happy he's out of the petstore and will now get the love and attention he needs! Way to go, everyone!

Bytxlaura
Remembering Nemo

Post   » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:10 pm

He is adorable!

seraphanjil

Post   » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:17 pm

How amazing! I cannot wait Kermie gets him so I can go visit!! And I will add him to my pignap list since Kermie always threatens to steal some of my herd ;)

Walters mom

Post   » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:29 pm

"I Love when news makes me smile"!

" Big Hugs to All involved"!! I can tell this isn't your 1st rodeo

I am please to be on a website with totally Awesome people.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:42 am

I am pleasantly surprised to learn that the store actually did seem to care about him and take care of him reasonably well. Vastly better than most pet stores, that's for sure.

Let me know who needs gas money when they need it.

Enormous kudos to all involved for getting him.

101 posts