Plymouth, MA: 2 young pigs found in woods

LGoodrum

Post   » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:09 am

The local animal control officer found them and I'm trying to get more information. I can take them, but transportation is an issue due to the distance from VT.

seraphanjil

Post   » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:44 am

I believe Cindy and I got emails about this too. If Shanachie knows they can go to you she may be able to help out since she is bringing some to you anyway. I"ll check with her

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:24 am

I can kick in a little gas money if that would help (tell Shanachie).

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:22 am

I can get them from Plymouth to Boston, if that helps. Occasionally I visit a friend in Montpelier VT but no plans right now. Probably going to NYC/NJ around Labor Day.

seraphanjil

Post   » Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:24 am

If you are coming to NJ you have to come visit!!!!

jacqueline

Post   » Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:29 pm

So, here's my silly question: how ever did they get found in the woods? And does that mean someone just dumped them there?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:23 am

Answer to the first one: no idea, but someone may have seen them and called AC, who was lucky/experienced/kind enough to catch them.

Answer to the second one: that's exactly what it means.

GuineaPigMomo1

Post   » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:30 pm

Ugh, people are just sick.

LGoodrum

Post   » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:07 pm

I just heard from Plymouth Animal Control that they were left in a cage by the side of the road and there are actually 4 pigs. They're now advertising them in the local paper (!) but I asked them to hold them until I can figure out transportation.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Fri Aug 17, 2012 6:55 pm

I emailed you about how best to get them. I will be driving right by there tomorrow afternoon, on our way home from Cape Cod. If I have to go during their regular hours I can't do it until Wednesday.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:49 am

Gas money offer stands if it will help.

LGoodrum

Post   » Sat Aug 18, 2012 8:40 am

Here are the pigs! Still not separated and apparently being fed some sort of hamster food! Hopefully mmeadow can grab them today...