Plymouth, MA: 2 young pigs found in woods

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:27 am

OK! Hope this is a happy ending for these poor abandoned cuties.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:27 am

OK! Hope this is a happy ending for these poor abandoned cuties.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:18 am

Please keep us posted if you hear again from the shelter volunteer. Bless you for helping (all of you).

shanachie05

Post   » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:34 am

I want to help out as well, but I really need to stay put for a while. Been on the road/away from home all summer, with 2-5 day breaks in between. My brain, home, and dependants (child and animals) need some stability.
I can foster the peegs if mmeadow and I can meet at the Cracker barrel someday (we've done it before). I have plenty of space for them. Then I can plan a trip up to Lebanon to meet LGoodrum again, on a day that we are rested and excited about the drive.
I love to drive, but I'm super tired, bordering on dizzy and dangerous right now. I'll do the best I can.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Aug 21, 2012 2:30 am

Dizzy and dangerous I understand. Been there.

Take care of you and yours for as long as you need to. You can help no guinea pigs from a hospital bed in traction.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:02 am

Yeah, LGoodrum and I were talking about how you seem to be in constant motion--give yourself some time to recharge!

LGoodrum

Post   » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:05 am

Yes! You need to rest for sure. I have not heard a peep about these pigs since Saturday so there doesn't look like a need to rush around on their behalf. Hopefully no news is good news!

shanachie05

Post   » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:40 am

Thanks! These last few days have been great! I feel a ton better! I love driving and love helping people and pigs. I do what i love andalways within my limits. Because, YES! An avoidable accident wouldnt do anyone any good.

Always stay within your limits!

Well, will say some prayers for these little girls and hope they are safe and with people who can handle whatever comes up.
Maybe some prayers too that the people will find GL, or are already GL'ers...

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:50 pm

I picked them up Monday. Two sows maybe 4-5 months old (~750 grams) and a sow and boar maybe 2 months old (~450 grams). I suspect they are full sibs from back-to-back litters. It's been 5 years since we had young'uns here and they surely are lively! They were all in the same cage so the girls are all on watch--he's a wee baby boar but you never know.

My daughter is demanding that we keep them all because they are such cuddle bugs.

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:00 pm

It was lucky the shelter held them for me to arrive and re-sex them, because the would-be adopter of the two "boys" was waiting. They were disappointed but I heard they found two males at another shelter.

In a moment of inspiration I had pulled on one of my Cavy Madness T shirts before leaving. I think it lent me extra credibility when I explained I was part of the rescue network.

My printer was busted but I will mail some GL care guides and link.
Last edited by mmeadow on Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PooksiedAnimals
Supporting my GL Habit

Post   » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:02 pm

Ooh! Does this mean they'll make an appearance at the Boston pignic! Joy!

mmeadow
Supporter 2004-2022

Post   » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:09 pm

Well they might!