Young pigs needing a home, Scotland, UK

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:26 am

Psst. I'm getting a new piggy tomorrow!!

*dances*

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:43 am

Pictures!!!!! :-)

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:12 pm

My last night with my little foster piggy. :-( He's quite a little character.

Hopefully Jaycey will supply more. :-)

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:10 pm

He is SO cute. I'm glad he's staying in the GL family.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:15 pm

What a lovely nose :-)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:06 pm

He looks like he's looking for trouble. ;-)

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:25 am

Little Podrick, (as he's currently known, we're not sure if that'll stay yet) is doing well.

He wants absolutely nothing to do with me, and will do his very best to get away if I try to pick him up. Not surprising really.

We arrived back home at about 6pm last night so he's now "home". He's in a temporary cage in a separate room from the other two because of his lice but as soon as he's better we'll get the introductions started.

Although I've not seen him he has eaten overnight, and done quite a few poops and a few pees. So, he's not too frightened to come out when we're not around.

Hopefully I can get a photo or two today or tomorrow. He is a very handsome boy!

GP_mum
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:20 pm

Congrats. I'm sure he'll settle down once he gets more comfortable. At least you're on top of the lice problem. I wasn't even aware my girls had the problem until months later at a vet visit.

Podrick is adorable and I love his face and little ridgeback that he has going on. He can only get more stunning under your care.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:56 pm

Little Boar has a name at last - I recognise it!

Unfortunately Podrick has a few visitors of his own. At least he had a vet visit before the changeover and one treatment under way. The rest of the course went with him.

He was shy with me to begin with too. After a few days he will come out of his shell a bit more. I'm sure he's just making sure there's no more travelling for a while. ;-)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:26 pm

A lot of moving around for a little piggy. He'll settle down right quick once he notes who is bringing the greens.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:48 am

He doing better. Still hates the sight of me obviously but getting a little bit braver.

I fed them all this morning and left the room he's in. Popped my head around the corner a few minutes later and a lettuce leaf had been dragged across the cage. So, he's now brave enough to come out in daylight when he thinks no one is around. He only ate at night time previously.

And I saw a flash of black bottom and white toes when I walked past the room earlier.

Lots of poops and pee around so I'm very happy. I say hello to him a lot. I'm going to spend a few hours in that room tonight, reading, so I'm hoping to see him come out.

He's not made any sounds as yet. I was hoping that he would when he heard the other two (beastie boys as we call them) shouting bloody murder for their breakfast at 6:30 am and 6.30pm.

But, I'm sure he will soon. It has been a tough journey for him and hopefully he will start to realise that he's not moving any further. Well, just another 10 metres or so into the main piggy room when he's better.

His course of Xeno states that he needs another 2 doses, 2 weeks apart. The next dose is due next week, so he should be on his own for another 4 weeks or so. Does that sound about right? I would like him to meet his brothers as soon as possible, but want him to recover enough first.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:34 pm

Sounds about right. If he is quarantined for a total of 4 weeks, you are probably okay. You could probably push the intros up a few days from what you currently plan. If he's doing okay where he is, though, you can make it about four weeks from right now and be sure to be safe. The life cycle of the cavy louse is 28 days. Exactly. We learned that the hard way at our house. ;-)