Young pigs needing a home, Scotland, UK

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:30 am

Anselmo using his new brother as a step to get out of the water.

I think Jon and Podrick are going to get along fine:

The tunnel of safety is always useful when wanting to eat your dinner without the fear of eagles:

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:54 am

It never ceases to amaze me how they jump over and step on each other and no one ever seems to notice. ;-)

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:57 am

Those are very cute pictures.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:35 pm

I'm glad Podrick seems to be settling in well, even if he hasn't managed to gel things with Anselmo and Jon. Love the pics!

I'm sure Pod doesn't hate you! He'll come round when he realises there are no more round the world trips on the horizon. ;-)

As for the other pups, the Thistle ones are fine, but have heard nothing more about the others. :-/

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Aug 02, 2014 6:17 am

If you do, please let us know. Hoping for the best.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:55 pm

I should get updates by next month hopefully as I am due to pick up one of the original pigs needing a home, unless that has fallen through too.

Meanwhile, the little lads are still looking for a forever home - and having a little change of colour while they wait. :-)

"Somebody please help my brothers find a good home!"

clairey

Post   » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:08 pm

Woah, I'd not know they were the same pigs! And I looked at their baby photos often enough. Has Wendi been painting them? ;)

Edit: After mulling possibilities over, I've decided to leave my super-bonded pair as they are and then add 2 youngsters when I eventually lose someone.

I don't want that to be soon and I don't want these 2 to have to wait too long for a forever home but I've not forgotten about them.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:46 pm

Wow, those little guys are really darling.

Himi alert!!!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Fri Sep 05, 2014 5:58 pm

Update on the wee lads. They are going to be separated. Buffy has been causing trouble with Himi and even with twice the space, he's a bit too bossy. Since there has been no serious interest in them, the decision is likely to be that they will both be neutered to make them available to a wider number of homes. Since they are not quite old enough for this yet, it will be December before they will be ready for rehoming after being neutered.

As for me, 2 weeks and counting... ;-)

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:19 am

Oooh, I must visit Wendi soon.
Might come home with a wee neutered black-eared PEW under my arm! Bwahahahahaha

(I haven't actually reached out to Wendi about an adoption, I just really like PEW's)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:25 pm

You need to go visit Wendi. ;-)

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:30 pm

Thanks for the update. Those boys are cute, and they'll probably find nice girlfriends once they've had the snip.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:24 am

I really hope they all get good homes. NCiS, you NEED that Himi!!

Podrick is still doing well. Him and Jon Snow seem to be getting on pretty well. He's still a bit skittish about "the hand" but will now take food from us if we approach nice and slow.

He's been nicknamed "The Dino-pig" because of his ridgy back. He's a whopping 920g now, he'll soon overtake Jon and he chunkiest pig in the cage (not house as Anselmo wins that!)

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:10 am

Jaycey, he's probably taking after his mum, she's a whopper judging by the photo I was sent. ;-)

I think everything is now sorted and no more pregnant piggies! The little sows never went anywhere, happy with mum and a new home is being built to accommodate them. The himi boy is staying with Thistle Cavies who have taken a shine to him and for when their older boar goes, he will keep his mum company and be neutered when he's old enough.

Meanwhile, the original piggy I was offered is no longer available so I will be taking on Buffy boy and their sister. They will have to be kept in separate cages till he's old/big enough for neutering but both neuters are planned to go to TC's great vet who has done many piggy neuters. It will be a bit of travelling for me but worth it to get the experienced vet.

So all piggies seem to have homes organised and we can all get a better night's sleep! Pics soon, it's amazing how the little ones have grown up. My piggies will be with me after my visit to TC next week. Yikes! Piggies again after a whole year being pigless. :-)

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:20 am

Big huge kudos to you for your part (and having the patience) to get all this sorted. Know that you have saved A LOT of lives.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:56 am

I can't wait for updates! and more pictures!

NoCableisSafe

Post   » Sat Sep 13, 2014 10:32 am

Piggies again, Webs!? How wonderful!

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:13 pm

Yes, I'm afraid so, NCiS. I'm just a soft touch when it comes to helping out the little critters. But then what better way to honour the one year passing of Misty and Tiggy than rehoming a couple of piggies in need. And they are from TC... ;-)

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:29 pm

This little chap is staying at Thistle and will be neutered when the time is right as he will be keeping his mum company.

His little brother will be coming with me and also neutered when the time is right (both by TC's great vet with lots of experience).

As he will be living with their sister.

So two cages and probably a load of hassle till boyo gets his bits off then hopefully they will get on and have a bit more freedom. :-)

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:41 pm

How cute! Love the crazy neck ruffs/spikes.

99 posts