Two adorable female babies in Michigan

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:29 am

I have been fostering two female babies, now about five weeks old. They have no health concerns and are active, healthy and talkative. I am quite attached to them but can't keep them, so I wanted to post them here in hopes that they are adopted by a really good home.

I am also fostering a two year old girl, Ivy, who was almost starved to death by her previous owners. Her sister/cagemate was starved to death. They were returned to the shelter, but the other one was too far gone to save. As you might expect, Ivy was lonely and scared. The rescue didn't have any adult females. They gave me the babies so Ivy would at least have company in the cage next to hers. She's a sweetie pie, doing very well now and gaining weight, so we are looking to find her a permanent cagemate and adopt out the babies. However, it would be great if anyone would like all three! (She looks very much like the brown baby. I'll try to get an post a picture of her later.)

The adopter will have to fill in an application with Rabbit and Small Animal Rescue in Westland Michigan http://www.rasarescue.org/ and pay the adoption fee.

Preference given to regular posters on GL. I can transport them to the Indiana or Ohio borders.[/img]

Their names are Cinnamon and Pepper, but I once jokingly referred to them as Wheakers and Squeakers because they are so chatty. Those names have stuck as nicknames in my family. The rescue suggested a compromise of Cinnamon Squeakers and Pepper Wheakers.

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:21 am

Never mind about Ivy. I was overly optimistic this morning when I posted about the babies because she'd gained weight for a few days in a row. However, I'm still supplementing her with CC and she probably won't be ready for adoption for some time yet.

I still would love finding a good home for the babies!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:35 pm

Wow, those babies are really cute! Who wants to adopt little piggy stand-y-upp-y ears?

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:27 pm

Bless you and thank you for fostering them all. Godspeed and safe passage to the one who didn't make it. She will be remembered and honored.

I may be wrong but both the babies seem to have just a touch of a wiry or curly-coat gene in there. They'll be striking as they grow up.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:36 pm

Oh my goodness those are adorable pigs!

Just wanted to offer potential transport help. I'm planning to travel to Cedar Point the first week in June from central Iowa, with a quick stop over on the Michigan boarder (I've never been to Michigan, and being so close I had to cross into it).

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:19 pm

I can throw in some coffee and gas money to get them to a good adopter if it will help. (That includes your trip, COI.)

linshad02
Supporter in '13

Post   » Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:56 pm

If they end up points South, I'm in Charlotte and can offer possible transport help further south or a good nights rest.

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Sat May 02, 2015 10:26 pm

Thank you all for the kind words and kind offers.

The babies are loads of fun.

Snowflakes - I'm a sucker for stand up ears. Talishan - they do have wavy fur which is pretty. I'm expecting them to be a fairly fluffy when they grow up.

COI and Talishan - let's hope I get a chance to take you up on your nice offers. I could get them to Cedar Point in early June. Also, thanks linshad.

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Tue May 05, 2015 2:43 pm

They are up on Petfinders now. I'm still hoping for a GL adopter. Please contact me if you are interested!

ClemmyOddieIndy

Post   » Thu May 07, 2015 9:25 pm

I keep coming back and looking at them. I love their little faces.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu May 07, 2015 11:53 pm

Give us a rough idea of how much convincing it would take. Plus you have a good vet.

;-)

iastate09
Supporter in '15

Post   » Thu May 07, 2015 11:58 pm

Do it, Clemmy!! :) Dr. Z would love them! Lol

Pippipig

Post   » Fri May 08, 2015 6:57 pm

What's a couple more guinea pigs...;)

Baba

Post   » Fri May 08, 2015 10:52 pm

Man - if I weren't too far away I would take them.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Post   » Fri May 08, 2015 11:28 pm

Hehe. I'm not the one who needs convincing when it comes to animals :-).

Actually, to be honest I've been searching for a third for my Clementine and Indiana. My cage isn't big enough for 4. I did have a spare 2x3 (from when I adopted Daisy last summer, before she passed away from her cancer), but I borrowed it to a rescue for a bunny cage and I'm not sure what they ended up doing with it because when I went to get it back it was gone.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 4:05 am

I'll be up in the Novi, MI area first week of June. If there is anyone interested in these 2 between there and Dallas Texas, I can help with transport. I have a spot for one more carrier at the moment.

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 10:36 am

Ok I am interested. I didn't post this here but Linus Piggy and Robin Piggy passed away on black friday, and the day before I went back home for Christmas respectively. They were both approaching 7 when they died. Linus had water on his lungs, and Robin had heart issues, and got really depressed after his cage mate died. I thought he was going to pull through with heart meds but it was just to much for him.

My husband and I miss having piggies at home. I still have a 2X7 raised cc cage, with tons of awesome cage liners made by Becky. (yes my pigs were spoiled and I managed to get two males to get along.)

I live in Medina, South of Cleveland, but my parents live in Bowling Green Ohio South of Toledo, so I would just need to take a trip to my parents to pick them up. We could meet in Toledo or somewhere.

I'm going on trip to Germany, next week and the week after. But after that I could get them on one of the weekends.

Also do you have anymore current pictures? And are they part textal?

Mapleowl18
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 10:40 am

Also my old piggiedom chronicle. The later picture are more like my current setup.

http://www.guinealynx.info/forums/viewtopic.php?t=54328&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 11:05 am

Tell me where to send the coffee money!! :-)

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 1:13 pm

Mapleowl18, you could get all 3 little ones. *hint-hint- nudge-nudge* :-)

49 posts