6 pigs from a hoarding case in Washington state

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 8:17 pm

A friend has asked me to post on her behalf.

She is in the process of setting up a farm animal sanctuary and is involved in a rescue from a hoarding case in south central Washington state.

She is looking for someone to help with 6 guinea pigs. Either as a temporary foster or a rescue stepping in to help with rehoming. Any help at all.

Throwing this open to you American members. Do you know anyone who would be able to help?

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 8:42 pm

Your friend might want to contact this shelter in northern Oregon to see if they can help:

http://pdxguineapigs.org/

You could also pm lisam, if she doesn't see this. She's in Washington and would probably know about any possible resources in the state.

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Wed May 13, 2015 8:52 pm

Thank you Catie Cavy.

I'm in England so not really up to speed with US geography. Goldendale is the place.

There is a whole assortment of animals including llamas, rabbits, sheep and pigs.

I'll pass that contact to her. Thank you.

CavyHeart

Post   » Mon May 25, 2015 4:22 am

I'm not sure if this is any help, but I've been keeping an eye out for a possible friend for an older rescued female of mine. (Please see "Pondering a piggy friend in Oregon.") The main obstacle would be the distance, as I am several hours away in southern Oregon. But, if someone was able to meet partway or was passing through, maybe one of these rescued guinea pigs would be a possible match for my gal. Just thought I'd toss that out there - I understand if the logistics aren't feasible.

Jessie
Supporter in '13

Post   » Mon May 25, 2015 8:36 am

All of the animals were uplifted last week.

My friend said that they had made arrangements for the pigs, and that they had spoke to the lady in portland. I'm not entirely sure where any of the animals have gone, but they got them all out, which is the main thing.

If you did want to ask more about the pigs, I can happily put you in touch with my friend.

lisam

Post   » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:40 am

Sorry I missed this thread first time around.

If you can find out the name of the organization that took the pigs, I would love to know.