2 male piggies to a new home in ATL area

ashleykessler

Post   » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:06 pm

http://nwga.craigslist.org/pet/5064284978.html

Hi! My name is Ashley and I am looking to rehome my loving piggies. Their names are Charlie (2 years) and Chubbs (6 mo.) I recently got a full time job and cannot give them the time they so deserve! I'm not in any hurry, because I want them to go to a good home. See pictures for their enclosure that they are in now (known as a C&C cage). They also come with two small pet store cages that can be used for transport, preferably not to live in. I have hay, food, lots of toys, fleece, nail clippers, brush, syringe if need to give them medicine of any kind, water bottles, etc. These two love play time together, but get a tad territorial when housed together, which is why their cage is divided by grids. Both are up to date on all their vet check ups and are in great health! I am willing to meet you if it's more convenient. Texting is preferred. I can send many pictures and videos.

Pictures in the ad.[/img]

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:10 pm

They are adorable guinea pigs! I hope you find a good home for them.

Make sure you mention that they are not free. You don't want them ending up poorly cared for or worse - much worse.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:30 am

Let me suggest that if you would really like to keep them, they don't actually require as much interaction time as you might think (or as you might get the impression from reading GL).

If you have more than one pig, they'll entertain themselves. We stress on here that they should be part of a family's active area, not housed in a bedroom where they can be easily ignored and overlooked. But they do NOT require constant attention, being played with, carried around or held on laps. If you want to do all that, and do it safely and respectfully, that's fine, but it's not a requirement.

If you check on them twice a day, make sure they have fresh, clean water, plenty of hay, and are both acting normally, give them some greens -- that's all they require on a daily basis. Thorough cage cleaning, water bottle cleaning, checking weight and nails can be done over the weekend.

I'd suggest you wait until you get settled into your new job (congratulations, btw!! :-) and see how much your schedule changes first. If the job will require a lot of travel, that may be a different story. But they really don't need a human to play with as much as each other as long as the human covers the daily care basics.