Boar wanted Edinburgh/central belt Scotland

clairey

Post   » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:36 pm

I realise we don't have many UK members but it's worth a punt what with lurkers and friends of friends etc.

I lost the key member of my pig household this week and so I find myself with space for a new boar. His main companion would be a 3lb 18mth-2 year old bouncy squish of a pig. Said squish has a definite soppy side, as seen in his encounters with my departed pig, but can also be a bit *much* with all his excited charging around and shouting so his friend would probably need to be quite laid back.

Ideally I'm looking for a baby boar to try to make introductions as easy as possible but I'd also happily consider an older guy if his personality seemed a good fit.

Basically, if you know a lonely boar in or around Edinburgh (or within easy reach by bus/train), please let me know.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Thu Aug 20, 2015 2:44 pm

Good luck. I am so sorry about your loss. :-(

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:52 pm

I'm sorry too.

But really hoping for a companion!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:35 pm

Please keep us posted. I am sure the perfect little one shall make an appearance shortly.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Mon Aug 24, 2015 12:30 pm

Have you tried NEGPR? North East Guinea Pig Rescue. They can piggy train up to Scotland.

Or maybe PM webs? Not sure what her situation is now as to being involved in piggy rescues.

clairey

Post   » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:34 pm

I had a look at NEGPR but it seems a long way/hassle when I know that a more local pig will turn up sooner or later.

Oh and I'd now probably consider just about any age of boar. Graham is proving to be surprisingly submissive in his interactions with my little old man pig.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:22 pm

I'll see what may be on the go near me though I'm reluctant to have anything to do with where Barley and Whisky's family came from after their medical history!

clairey

Post   » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:36 am

Thanks, webs.

Yeah, I was reading about the troubles those poor pigs have had due to careless breeding. It makes me so sad (and makes my wallet wince).

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:21 pm

Have you checked Gumtree, there's an ad for a 3 year old long haired boar placed 2 days ago including hutch. Might be worth offering to take the pig for a reduced fee and they can do what they like with the hutch.

I can easily check him out for you and transport if need be.

clairey

Post   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 5:36 am

I've been looking at Gumtree but not up your way and it's all breeders advertising in my neck of the woods just now.

He's gorgeous. I might be being silly-picky but facially he's *very* like Robert with that fuzzy black triangle. His is even wonky at the same bit Robert's is. I worry I'd look at him and expect Robert, y'know? I need to think.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:12 am

No worries clairey, I know what you mean.

Anyway, consider anything on Gumtree up to Peterhead and probably even Fraserburgh or Ballater if east and anything south of Aberdeen. I did Jedburgh for Jaycey so no worries if it means a little one getting a new home!

I will also check my local pet shop window (non animal seller) as they usually have local ones for rehoming without being advertised online. Many are also small breeders up here too unfortunately.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:34 pm

In my very limited experience with pigs who look like other pigs -- it would be less than a week before the little guy would impress upon you that his personality is completely different from Robert's, and establish his own special individuality.

That said, 1) I am not trying to butt in or exert any pressure -- you need to do what is right in your heart for yourself and your other pigs; and 2) we never had one that was nearly identical to the one who had left us.

Webs, bless you and thank you for offering to help transport.

FWIW. My very best to you and your herd, regardless of who joins it, or when.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:06 pm

Odd. The single pig is no longer there, but replaced with an ad for 2 guinea pigs and a rabbit living together. Not sure what's going on there but feel free to bring to my attention any piggies you see on Gumtree that may be suitable. :-)

clairey

Post   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:54 pm

I was going to email her but the original ad had gone. Then that new one appeared. That's a lot of pets to be shifting in a week.

Hey ho!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:09 pm

Well, we all know that when things are right, they're right. Hoping you find just the right guy to add to your family.

Webs
Cavies 'n Cobwebs

Post   » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:27 am

How about the singleton here?

clairey

Post   » Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:51 am

Ad removed.

It wasn't the himi in Kinross was it? I smelled breeder about that.

clairey

Post   » Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:44 am

Delete.

Edit: Shoot, I didn't catch how old he is initially. Now I'm seeing pea-eye and heart issues. Urgh.

Jaycey
Supporter in 2014

Post   » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:29 am

Oh my word, he's adorable!!

clairey

Post   » Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:58 am

If you mean the red guy, he is. The photos have also carefully been taken to try not to show the pea eye he has going on. With his age and unwillingness to move around I'm getting warning bells. I nearly went for him anyway but he's not a good fit for Graham which is the purpose.

I don't like Gumtree. It's too difficult and makes me worry about pigs that I can't help. I might bow out and just wait for an actual rescue to have someone.

29 posts