Lonely Senior Boar Seeks Cagemate

Sidera17

Post   » Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:52 pm

Hi everyone! It has been… forever, it seems. :( I have had pretty serious, ongoing health problems which keep me occupied. :(

From my original trio, only Riley is still with me. His Highness, the fat and sassy Spike, left us early on his 7th birthday, and little Chex passed in June. Since then, Riley has been incredibly lonely as a solo pig going on 7! We've tried to keep him company, but Riley is a social pig, and misses his brothers! :(

I'm looking for a senior boar, 5+, who is in need of a good forever home. I'm in CT, and I'd be willing to drive to NY, NJ, RI, VT, or NH so Riley can have a meet and greet. Riley's a social, inquisitive pig, and is a bit… enthusiastically boar-ly.

If anyone has knows of a pig in need, please let me know! I hope everyone is doing well! :)

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:11 pm

Sidera! I was thinking of you the other day and wondering how you are doing, I do hope your health has improved, and that you're doing better.

The user pig party has joined us sice you were last on, and her health odyssey is very similar to yours.

I'm in the other end of the country, so don't know of a pig. But good luck to you in finding one.

Welcome back!

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Sep 15, 2015 10:27 pm

I wish you luck finding just the right guinea pig!

Sidera17

Post   » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:43 pm

bpatters, Talishan, Lynx!! It's good to see you again and good to be back! (I'm going to read the Bujilet thread next!)

Thank you for the rescue links. I'm going to email them separately, as there are maybe some unmentioned seniors who are solo. I didn't realize it was so hard to find a senior pig! I'll keep checking back here too in the event someone randomly needs to rehome a boar. :)

Diva

Post   » Wed Sep 16, 2015 8:49 pm

Mainely Rat Rescue often also has guinea pigs. They do not have a physical shelter and the animals are housed with foster families throughout New England and the New York area.

No guinea pigs listed as adoptable appear on the site, but they may be worth writing to as they also help out local shelters and may know of someone there.

www.mainelyratrescue.org

Pennypigs
Supporter in '16

Post   » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:03 am

I'm so sorry you lost Spike, Sidera! He was such a sweetheart! We lost Jack in May 2014. Those 2 got along so well at the Boston Pignic a few years ago :) We live in WI now. I hope you find a senior pig! Wishing you all the best *hugs*

Penny

Sshadowsmom

Post   » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:37 pm

My Harry was 7 when Scruffy died and he was desolate. I am not sure he would have made more than a day the way he wasn't moving, eating, or drinking. I found a very young male for him and they became the most closely bonded pair I have ever heard about. Harry loved his baby and his baby adored him. Even a year and a half later when Ben was a hefty 3 pounder and Harry was very frail Ben still adored him and wouldn't have dared challenge him for status as top pig. If you can't find another older cage mate for Riley maybe a very young one would work.

ph08fhf

Post   » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:45 pm

Sider17, are you still looking??

I have a 5 y/o foster boar. American smooth, self tan colour. Very well domesticated. Currently on his own. I was going to drive him up to Nevins Farm in MA, but if you are still looking this could be the perfect match....?

I'm in upstate NY, ithaca.

ph08fhf

Post   » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:52 pm

Honestly, I'm so excited about the prospect of this, i'm checkin the forum every 2 minutes!

He is so lovely and I would just love for him to find a good home with a lovely friend to live with. (my female herd precludes me from keeping him or else i would!)

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:01 pm

You could try emailing too. The mailer fails with hotmail, yahoo and some others but might work.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:27 pm

Actually, Lynx, I got an email through the mailer just this week, and I've got a Yahoo! address. Maybe they've changed something on their end to allow it to come through.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:18 am

That is encouraging! I get all sorts of bounced hotmail though.

GrannyJu1
Armcavy

Post   » Tue Oct 27, 2015 4:40 pm

I use hotmail, and they usually come through, although sometimes I have to look through my junk folder to find them.

Good luck with the piggy "transfer" (if that's even possible).

ph08fhf

Post   » Tue Oct 27, 2015 11:36 pm

I sent an email too to be safe. I don;t receive email notifications to my gmail account.

15 posts • Page 1 of 1