Guinea pig and rabbit hoarder in Brainerd, mn emergency surr

onetwo

Post   » Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:36 pm

I was just contacted by a friend who runs a dog/car rescue about a hoarder who is being forced to surrender their guinea pigs and rabbits we need placement for 20 rabbits and 36 guinea pigs immediately. The location is Brainerd Minnesota. I'm out of the rescue loop so I'm not sure what there is anymore in Minnesota. For a time I was the only rescue that was taking in. But due to family situations I stopped taking in and all my special needs piggies have passed on. I can't afford to properly care for any additional animals. Please email me or message me on Facebook (if you know me) asap with any help! Thank you

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:10 pm

As I understand it (not from personal experience), there are a few good-quality, guinea pig experienced shelters in the Twin Cities area. From Google maps, this looks about 150 miles north of them.

Do you know if the rescuer has contacted any of the Twin Cities shelters for help? Or if law enforcement/local shelters are involved, have they asked for help from larger shelters?

onetwo

Post   » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:39 pm

No law enforcement is not involved and many of the guinea pig shelters in Minnesota have closed. I only know of one that is still open and she only takes a few at a time... many dog/cat shelters here aren't even taking in new animals as most are filled beyond capacity.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Post   » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:56 pm

I live in central Iowa, and would be happy to help with transport. I can't get all the way up to Brainerd, but the Twin cities is doable for me if any need a ride to the south. I may be able to help in other ways too, but would have to know more about the situation.

Feel free to message me if you think I can help. I don't want to bother you if you don't think I'd be helpful.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:43 pm

https://www.animalhumanesociety.org/

http://tricountyhumanesociety.org/about-us

I don't know anything about these organizations, but I'm pretty sure some of our MN GL members have adopted from the AHS branches.

It might be worth a call to them, just to see if they know of anyone that can help out, even if they can't.

Whisper25

Post   » Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:48 pm

I would be willing to see if our shelter here would be willing to take some of them if you are still in need? Let me know ok, I know the people who run the shelter and although they mostly take cats and dogs they have taken Guinea pigs. It is the Hawk Creek Shelter in Willmar Mn.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Dec 31, 2015 7:42 pm

Thank you for posting, Whisper25.

7 posts • Page 1 of 1