UK. Sweet boar in need of a forever home

Hilary Holmes

Post   » Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:32 pm

I was contacted recently by the RSPCA , asking if I would foster some pigs. They had 9, of which 6 had been fostered. The remaining 3, a bonded pair Dewie and Lewie, and a singleton Huey needed a home. Noisy building works were distressing the pigs and they needed to be out of the environment. Needless to say, I took all 3.

BamBam, bless her heart has taken the pair and I have Huey. Although he has sight, smell and sound of other pigs he doesn't have contact with them. He clearly needs that. Sadly, I'm unable to keep him, as I'm up to my max, so I'm appealing to any UK GL'ers for a forever home.

He is only a youngster, possibly 6 months but no more and of a good temperament. He will have a testing nibble but doesn't bite. I'll post pics as soon as I've taken some.

He has to go back to the RSPCA on 20th Dec as I'm away for Christmas. There will be my pigs plus 2 dogs in the house, so it's just not practical for him to stay. It breaks my heart to think of such a lovely pig ending up in a home where he just isn't cared for. I know that's the downside of fostering but if I can do anything to ensure he gets a good home, I will.

Please, if anyone can give a pig a home this Christmas, contact me and we'll see what we can do.

Lynx
RESIST

Post   » Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:07 pm

Sending good wishes for a home for this little boar!

2 posts • Page 1 of 1