2- 7 month old males dumped at Petco - Michigan

FatherMackatzie

Post   » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:14 pm

Was in Petco ( Arborland Shopping Centre on Washtenaw Avenue in Ann Arbor, Michigan) when I came across a pet store cage on floor with two male guinea pigs inside. Very cute , seem to be in good shape. They are asking for $30.00 with cage ... If anyone is interested I would be more than happy to pick them up, possibly hold them for a while and help with transport. Will post pictures in a bit.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:35 pm

I hope they are feeding them properly!

FatherMackatzie

Post   » Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:03 pm

Image[/img]

Image[/img]

I seriously doubt it, Lynx. That's why I want to spread the word... Sooner they are out of there, the better.

To note: this doesn't mean I'm an advocate of Petco! Always take my dogs there to socialize when it is too cold to go to dog park... But never shop.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:29 pm

Thank you for posting this, and for the photos. Hopefully a good GLer can take them.

Would you be willing to try to get the store to get them up off the floor? Doors constantly opening and closing in Ann Arbor in January is going to make that floor very cold and very drafty. If they'd just put them up on a table or secure shelf it'd help.

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:33 am

I just wrote Rabbit and Small Animal Rescue (RASA) in Westland, but I know they are full and just lost two foster parents for the winter, so I doubt they can take them.

The Huron Valley Humane society takes guinea pigs. Crafty Cats has a number of rats up for adoption on Petfinders and might take them too. Can you call the Humane society and Crafty Cats? I am surprised Petco hasn't called someone. The one near RASA calls RASA to come pick up any abandoned rabbits or piggies.

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:48 am

I just checked out Crafty Cat Rescue's Facebook page. They have four guinea pigs that were dumped at Costco as well as quite a few young rats rescued from being snake food. Maybe they can take them? They are in Ann Arbor.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:47 pm

Costco? That is a pretty peculiar place to dump guinea pigs!

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Thu Jan 07, 2016 6:30 pm

Lynx - I thought that too, but I didn't take the time to double check.

I just went back and read their Facebook posting more carefully, they got 4 piggies as owner surrenders and they found a CAT outside of Costco. Ok, that does make more sense.

FatherMackatzie

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:35 am

Can someone assist in obtaining an email address for me ? I don't have Facebook.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Jan 08, 2016 10:04 am

http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=crafty+cat+rescue

And their Facebook page is public, so you can see it without being a member.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:39 pm

Here's their direct contact page:

http://craftycatrescue.org/contact-us/

SkittleandTwix
Supporter in '11

Post   » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:56 pm

Any news?