Guinea Pigs in MA

daveandtiff

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:00 pm

And 2 little girls (have reached out to them)

free guinea pigs (Mansfield)
Need to rehome 2 female guinea pigs. They are cute and very healthy. They come with a cage, food, etc...

daveandtiff

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:11 pm

1 year old male and 4 babies (3 females/1 male) (Worcester area)

I have a variety of Guinea pigs for ADOPTION. The is a re-homing fee. 4 babies will be ready for adoption in 2 weeks. 2 all black females, 1 black/orange female and 1 all black male. Also have one black and white male that will be a year in June. I do have one cage also. These are pets only . Not food animals!!!!!' To good homes only.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:08 pm

Those little pups sure are cute!

I would ask the poster if you can repost here before copying all their stuff (I'm sure a link would be okay though).

daveandtiff

Post   » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:25 pm

Okay, will do (and links sound good).

PS the Mansfield piggies have been placed with a nice lady looking for companionship for her piggie.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:00 am

D&T -- thank you for monitoring these. You may never know it, but you are likely saving lives by doing so, especially the ones being offered for free.

Sarita33

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:05 am

Yes I appreciate this post because I am in MA and will be looking for a female cagemate for Brownie soon.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:37 am

Absolutely a good thing to do!

daveandtiff

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:08 pm

I hope you will find a mate for Brownie, Sarita33.

Talishan, I hope so. Was thinking of you this morning when replying to the Haverhill person's email response. In my initial email I sent the link to your "why it's never a good idea to offer for free", and she/he replied that she/he did not know this, but had found three boys who took her pig. So did send a lengthy message back mentioning (as you had) how sometimes kids may become disenchanted and if she/he felt willing to please pass my name as a helper, along with the guinealynx website for help as needed. Hopefully they will take good care of him.

Sarita33

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:54 pm

Thanks. I am hoping to find one as soon as possible. Poor Brownie is eating well and being loved on by us humans but she definitely misses Star and needs a friend.

Tomorrow will be one week since we lost Star. I just got a sympothy card in the mail from the vet today which while I did cry again, it also made it more real and final. I couldn't imagine loving another and going through it again but time to give a home to another pig in Star's honor.

I live in Leominster Ma if you happen to come across anything.

daveandtiff

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:52 pm

It is very difficult to go on when you lose someone so much a part of you. Really, the only thing that has allowed me to keep going is that our others need care. So I know how painful it is for you right now. We were not ready for bringing someone else home. I was lost when each of our firstborns had passed. It was that I could see when our Baby was left without his Daddy (and Wickie had passed just months before) that he was needing companionship and we started the search for him.

We're within a half hour distance from one another so will keep my eyes out for a little girl. If you would let me know her personality and age, Star's personality, and who you are feeling may be a good match for her in these respects, will help as I am looking.

Sarita33

Post   » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:22 pm

We got both piggies as a gift from our close neighbors. They were bought together from Petsmart in December. I of course have since learned all about petstores and their poor animal care.

I don't know exact ages as pet store workers didn't have a clue.

Star was a tiny little thing. The vet estimated her to have been born in October. When we got her she was 240g and was 501g at her death. She was super friendly, vocal and fearless. She would wheek at the sound of anyone near and stick her nose through the cage bars waiting to lick you. She loved to be held and would hop up into your lap. She was always out and about in the cage.

Brownie has always been 2-3x bigger than Star. She is 900g. I have no idea of her age. She is VERY skittish and fearfull. She hides as much as she can and does not like to be handled at all. She doesn't like floor time either. She likes the security of her cage and hiding spots. I take her out multiple times and she is getting better at trusting me, but very far from the way Star was.

However, when Star was around. Brownie would run laps around the cage and did seem to enjoy floortime. Brownie seemed to follow Star's lead.

daveandtiff

Post   » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:54 am

So possibly someone who isn't shy, but also wouldn't be bossy with Brownie.