Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:27 pm

He's not listed on Petfinder now.

jacqueline

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:28 pm

Oh, no!!!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:30 pm

I know. I'm feeling a little sick to my stomach right now. What could have happened? :(

jacqueline

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:32 pm

Email or call the shelter? I'm sorry Sef. Don't give up yet though, flukes happen!!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 8:45 pm

I'll call first thing tomorrow, since they don't seem to respond to emails. I ***hope*** a kind-hearted guinea pig person went in today and adopted him (I almost called today, just to check on him). Surely the shelter didn't do anything drastic. The woman there told me they generally don't euthanize unless an animal is ill.

jacqueline

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:18 pm

There are several reasons he disappeared of Pet finder. Of course, the best reason is that someone adopted him who loves him as much as you do. Really, sometimes it's a computer glitch (I know from personal experience). Once you do reach the shelter, and if he hasn't been adpoted yet -put your stamp on him and claim him. We'l figure out a way to get him to you!!

Sef
I dissent.

Post   » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:50 am

I just called the shelter. They said that Arnold got adopted yesterday, which is good news. I was afraid that something else had happened. They did tell me when I called the first time that they wouldn't put a 'hold' on him for me, but I didn't expect him to get adopted and am a little surprised. But also relieved that he's out of there.

Best of luck to you, Arnold! :}

And a big thanks again for all of the interest and support on this.
Last edited by Sef on Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

jacqueline

Post   » Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:52 am

Yay for Arnold. But a little heart broken for you Sef. Keep looking - "your" pig is out there waiting for you ;-)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:26 pm

That is good news! I hope his new family love him to pieces and take good care of him.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Jul 11, 2016 12:28 pm

Don't know if you're actively looking for a senior male, but on Petfinder there are 5 in Peoria, IL, 1 in Urbana, IL & one in Massillon, Ohio. Don't know about the no-kill status of these shelters or how close they are to you.