Lots of pigs at OC Animal Care

HollyT
Get on your bike.

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:09 pm

http://petadoption.ocpetinfo.com/Adopt/ ... type=Other

These poor babies. It's so hot right now too. Was 105F yesterday.

Vhailor

Post   » Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:03 pm

That's a sad, sad page...

Riahrae

Post   » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:43 am

Oh my goodness and a lot of babies too so sad I so wish I could take them all. Hopefully they find a good home that shelter is a kill shelter too if it gets too packed used to love down there at least it was idk if they've changed

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:51 pm

I doubt they've changed. I doubt they're able to, even if they wanted to.

Anyone that can help -- you'll be saving a life, no question.

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:31 pm

I've got a couple neutered males looking for female buddies. But I'm in northern California near San Francisco, which is about 7 hours north of there. If anyone is driving up anyway, perhaps you'd bring a couple hitchhikers?

CavyHouse
Supporter in '11

Post   » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:41 pm

I also have a 2 year old male who doesn't get along with other adult males but might get along with a male pup.

CavyHeart

Post   » Thu Jun 23, 2016 4:04 pm

I'm in southern Oregon, not very far from CavyHouse. If someone is making the trip with one of these piggies, I might be insane enough to adopt another one of them if they have a good candidate. I have a "foster failure" male who is very cuddly and is longing for someone to snuggle with, so personality is the key. All of my other guinea pigs are bonded with someone else and don't want a third party. I know it's kind of a long shot, but I thought I'd run the offer up the flag pole, so to speak.

Edit: Gah. Upon rereading CavyHouse's post, I realize that the distance from here to San Francisco is actually quite substantial. But if there's a train headed northward who passes by, I'd still love to know.

sweetrapunzelmeg

Post   » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:01 pm

I got three guinea from this shelter. Today I have five :| because one gave birth.

Riahrae

Post   » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:10 pm

@sweetrapunzelmeg thank you for bringing 3 little piggies from this shelter makes me so happy 😊 given that this shelter is a kill shelter. Bless you and hope all goes well with your piggies

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:22 pm

SweetR -- check the babies at 21 days from birth, and be sure to separate males from females, or you'll have more.

Bless you and thank you for adopting from the shelter (ditto Riahrae).