2 young GPs in central jersey

jacqueline

Post   » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:27 am

I'll post pictures later, but here's a word about these two from the shelter:
We have two guinea pigs at the shelter. They believe that the brown one, GP1, is a male, and that GP2, the sort of calico one, is a female. They are wondering if she is pregnant...but I'm not sure if they are sure about that. These two were found in a smaller cage at the Washington Valley Reservoir and brought to the shelter.

These two are a little hand-shy but very curious and friendly. At first the brown one was in the igloo and the other one was hanging out behind it, but after a few minutes, curiosity got the better of them and they came out, and around, and came over to the door to check me out. They were sniffing my forehead. I didn't try picking them up, so as not to stress them, but I did briefly pet the tricolor Guinea Pig and the brown one. They are listed as being 2 years old, but that is a guess. These two are on the small side, so maybe they are still young? I know the thing about pregnancy and older moms, but I don't know what to say about that. I don't know how to tell how old they are.

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:10 pm

Well, they are about as cute as it gets.

jacqueline

Post   » Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:31 pm

I know, right? The brown coloured one looks just like my favorite (G-d rest his soul) Charlie Brown!

snowflakey
E's Moriarity

Post   » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:16 pm

I love golden agoutis!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun Jul 24, 2016 9:28 pm

They sure are cute! I'm an agouti fan too!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:34 am

Bless whoever picked them up at the reservoir and brought them in.