Fostering Two Guinea Pigs for a Year

stradi

Post   » Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:40 am

Lux and Maybelle are looking for Bay Area housing from October 2017 to September 2018.

Would you like to come home to the happy chorus of squeaking guinea pigs, without signing up for a seven year commitment? Are you unable to get a pet just because you don't know what your living situation will be after your lease is up?

These two sweet girls were rescued from a local shelter last year. Lux is a bubbly, tricolored one-year-old who loves to run around and explore. Maybelle is a gentle, black&white homebody aged around 3, who prefers cuddling up with the humans.

I'm being transferred to Europe for a year, and while I would love to bring them both with me, transatlantic flights are hard on small animals. I'm therefore first looking for caring and responsible humans who might want some guinea pigs without the long term commitment.

You can find photos of their adorable faces here: https://goo.www.guinealynx.info//qKDfeLWkPGc98fBAA

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Fri Jun 16, 2017 9:46 am

Good luck finding great homes!

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:43 pm

Good luck. Please screen prospective caretakers carefully.

You are VERY wise to start looking early. Please let us know how things are going.

WindeSpirit
Sewing for a Cause

Post   » Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:35 am

You might have better luck finding someone thru one of the rescues or contacting Guinea Pig Fun. It is a higher possibility that the caretaker would already be a known cavy savy home as well.
If on the other hand you want to road trip with them to Texas, I'd be happy to.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Jul 03, 2017 12:14 pm

You might also post over at Guinea PIg Cages. There are several Bay Area members on that board.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:36 am

stradi

Post   » Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:55 pm

SUCCESS! The guinea pigs were delivered to their new foster family today :)

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:44 pm

So glad you found someone!