2 boars need new home ASAP in Denton Texas area!

Euphology

Post   » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:37 am

I signed a lease to a new apartment and found out today that I was misinformed and will not be able to bring along my guinea pigs. There is a very strict pet policy and unfortunately I do not have the money or ability to break the lease and find housing elsewhere so soon. I'm heartbroken to lose my two boys. I need gen moved out by the 8th. I'm asking $25 and will bring them to you!! Please help me find a home for my two babes! They are both good natured, they play well together, and I'd like to keep them together if I can.
No health problems, both 2.5 years old, I've had them since they were tiny.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:41 am

Texas Rustlers Guinea Pig and Small Animal Rescue in Lewisville might be able to help you: http://www.theguineapigrescue.com/.

Euphology

Post   » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:44 am

I am trying to rehome them before I take them there, and I have contacted them! Thank you, though!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:55 am

They're a great rescue, and will take good care of them. I've gotten three of my pigs from there. They also carefully screen their adopters, so pigs have a really good chance of going to a good home.

JX4

Post   » Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:27 pm

I'd charge more than $25 for both and everything that goes with them -- you don't want them to end up as snake food. Many snake owners look for "free to good home" or cheap small animals to feed their snakes. I'd go to the Rescue unless you are able to carefully screen whoever answers your notice. Go to their home and see where they will keep them, rather than just taking their word for it and/or pics. Anyone can carry pictures that are not actually of their own place.

Talishan
You can quote me

Post   » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:14 pm

Ditto the advice you have received.

Placing guinea pigs well and safely takes time. Since you are on a very short fuse, if TX Rustlers can take them that would definitely be my first choice. They will be able to take the time and care in placement that right now you cannot.

I've been acquainted with them for most of the sixteen years my husband and I have had guinea pigs. They are an absolutely first-class, top-notch organization.