Boy in St Louis

8ball

Post   » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:48 pm

Boy in St Louis with congenital eye isue seeking home asap:

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:06 pm

No one would consider him without knowing more about the eye issue. You'll get more responses if you'll publish details of the problem, treatments, prognosis, etc.

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:38 pm

This is from the original link:

"This guy has a congenital eye defect in his left eye, basically it's smaller than it should be, and frequent eye infections. He's at the pet store I work at and management has said they're done paying for treatment and he needs to get a home or they're going to euthanize him. He's a very sweet pig so I would hate to see him put to sleep . . . ."

JX4

Post   » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:00 pm

Wish I could take him, but we can only have females, and we are at our limit with them as it is. I hope he will find a good home.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:48 am

Ditto JX4.

Is the the Humane Society really not an option? I know they're not a no-kill place, but if he's going to be pts anyway it might be worth taking a chance unless you know they'd put him down. Will they not take him because of his eye?

No rescues in the area, as I'm sure you know. I will call my vet & see if they have any ideas. Probably not, but worth a try. I can transport if you find a place for him.