please help! 2 great pigs in need of a loving home

dasweet2

Post   » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 am

I am in Charlottesville Virginia and have 2 female 1+ year old guinea pigs (black and white and brown and white) that we care for very much but will not be able to take with us to our new living situation. Biggy and Stomper are healthy, well taken care of animals that are ready to find their next home. They come with a habitat, some food, a large back of hay, 2 large bags of litter, a brush, and nail clippers.

It is very difficult for us to surrender these members of our family and any help in finding them a good home is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:41 pm

Perhaps you could contact the ASPCA and see if they have anyone looking for guinea pigs to adopt. Sometimes a vet (if you have one) knows of a pet owner who has lost one of their guinea pigs and is looking for another. I don't think there are any guinea pig specific rescues in Charlottesville.

dasweet2

Post   » Wed Oct 18, 2017 9:06 am

Thanks, SPCA says they will take them but are not well equipped for them and have a very low adoption rate. We will use this as a method of last resort.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:13 am

I only know of one very new owner of guinea pigs in C'ville who is unlikely to want more. It is difficult to find good caretakers. Feel free to print out a care pamphlet. Be sure not to offer them for free or there may be unintended consequences (snake food).

www.guinealynx.info/pamphlet.html