Looking for a cage mate in St. Louis, MO

Gmiddlet3

Post   » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:18 pm

Currently seeking to adopt a guinea pig for my Bubba. He’s currently solo and I’m hoping to find a piggie to adopt soon but it seems there are none up for adoption as of yet. If you know anyone in St. Louis who is rehoming piggies please let me know!

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Look at www.petfinder.com. There are a bunch of male guinea pigs for adoption in your area.

Gmiddlet3

Post   » Mon Mar 12, 2018 6:00 pm

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately all of those piggies are far from where I actually live. I’ve been on petfinder and several other websites but can’t find any that are close :(.

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:05 pm

Contact them anyway. Most rescues are one or more foster homes, and a pig may be fostered much closer to you than the address indicates. Or they may know of a pig closer to you.

How far do you consider to be too far? None of those pigs is more than 18 miles from the St. Louis zip code. As someone who drove 350 miles each way to get three of my pigs, 18 miles seems quite a short distance.

Gmiddlet3

Post   » Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:07 pm

I don’t have a vehicle so anything that’s more than 30 minutes to an hour away from me is kind of far for me.

abjohns

Post   » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:04 pm

Hey! I live an hour north of you. I had 2 piggies and one recently passed away. Her cagemate, a chubby little adorable lady named Snickers, is all by her lonesome. They were classroom pets and well loved and cared for, one just contracted a URI and she was older. Snickers is about 2 years old we think. I would like to keep her until the end of the school year though, which for us is May 29th........but if you'd like to meet up and see if our piggies would be friends I'd be interested in that :) I would be willing to drive to STL and meet you :)

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:44 pm

This is a slightly old post. You should try emailing her through the mailer to see if she still has the guinea pigs.