Need Transport Missouri to PA -Rehome 2 Seniors

PLEASE_HELP

Post   » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:46 pm

I need to rehome 2 sweet bonded males.

They are seniors.

I found a rescue in Pennsylvania that will (hopefully) still take them. But I need help getting them from Missouri to Pennsylvania.

Unless someone has a better idea for rescue/ foster/ rehoming.

I'm overwhelmed from taking a human family with teenagers into my home, I'm not young anymore, and signed up for more than I'm able to handle well. I have rescue cats and other pets, it's just too much.

They need a place willing to give them medical care and appropriate comfort care/ hospice at the end, when that time comes.

I just can't. I need less to care for, and less to pay for etc. Please don't judge me, I'm about to lose my mind. Ha

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:12 pm

I hope you can find someone to help out.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Post   » Tue May 01, 2018 6:45 pm

Sorry to hear about your trouble. Where in Missouri are you?

PLEASE_HELP

Post   » Thu May 03, 2018 3:06 am

St. Louis Missouri

I heard that sometimes people do a
"PIGGIE train" - Where several people volunteer to drive a distance, and then pass the pigs to the next driver, etc, so it's not too terribly long of a drive for any one person....

Is anyone living in between St. Louis and Pittsburgh PA ?

bpatters
And got the T-shirt

Post   » Thu May 03, 2018 10:31 am

If no one answers you here, you might post the same question over at Guinea Pig Cages.

As far as I know, though, that stretch of country is a guinea pig desert, at least as far as these forums are concerned. We've got enough people up and down the east and west coasts to make a piggy train, but very few people across the middle of the country.

ClemmyOddieIndy

Post   » Thu May 03, 2018 11:08 am

None of the rescues in St. Louis are able to take them? Have you looked at any rescues in the Chicago, Des Moines, Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids, Kansas City, Nashville, Memphis, etc areas? It would probably be easier to get them to those areas then it will be to get them to Pennsylvania.

I live in Iowa, about an hour north of NW MO. So not much help. You're 6 hours away from me.

Bookfan
For the Love of Pigs

Post   » Mon May 07, 2018 2:51 pm

I'm in STL, but I can't take on more pigs. There are two places here that will take pigs for adoption. One is the Humane Society. Unfortunately, they aren't a no-kill operation. That being said, I know they take seniors. We've adopted 7 pigs from them over the years. We just adopted a "senior" - probably about 3 years old - and she was the only one at the Chesterfield location. Between the 3 locations, they only have 4pigs right now. I think they're getting adopted pretty quickly.

http://hsmo.org/adopt/

If you go to petfinder you also find adoptable pigs at the Animal Protective Association of MO. It looks like they have 7 pigs & I think at least one of them was there when we were looking a month ago. I just called them & they have a no-kill policy with respect to running out of space. Sounds like they'd take them, with a rehoming fee of $20 & a cage.

phone# 314-645-4610

https://www.petfinder.com/small-furry/c ... uri-mo228/

Hope this helps.