Need good home near Chicago-will.transport!

yoyoandballoon

Post   » Sun May 13, 2018 9:25 pm

Hi,
We have a bonded pair of males, about 7 months old, who need a good home. Someone we know (my sons teammate)was trying to give them away for free and we've heard the horror stories so said we'd take them to try to find their forever home. These same people gave a house cat to a farmer to love in a barn before we knew them (or we would own a cat right now too!) so i was afraid thwyd either give them as snake food or just let them go outside or something. We live in IL about 25 minutes south of WI, ad about 1 1/2 hours north of Chicago, and will drive them a reasonable distamce, say up to 2 houra, away for a great home.

We are asking $50 for both with the cage and supplies last and will donate the money to our local animal shelter Helping Paws. We don't want to make a profit, just want to prevent them from becoming dinner.

One is really crazy-hatred, black and white with a little mohawk. The white side of his face has a black ear and vice-versa. And the other is mostly brown, both super sweet. We try to.give them adequate attention but don't really have the time to devote to them, and they deserve better! We took them not realizing how hard it'd be to find a quality home and it's been months. My oldest son is mostly caring for them and tries to let them out daily but he has school and then practice almost daily, and we have 2 babies so I just don't have time. Please respond if you can help. We just feel bad for them. They have a nice cage, about 9 Sq feet I think, and we'd supply some bedding and food too!
Last edited by yoyoandballoon on Sun May 13, 2018 9:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

yoyoandballoon

Post   » Sun May 13, 2018 9:26 pm

I'm the original.poster and forgot to say, if you want to email me directly, it's dguardyak@yahoo.com. I can email pics, too, but don't know how to add them here. I know ow there's a rescue 2 hours away but don't want to put the burden on them.if we don't have to.

Lynx
Celebrate!!!

Post   » Sun May 13, 2018 10:50 pm

If you can set up an account with imgur.com, you can upload them there and use image tags to display them on your topic.

Glad you are trying to find them a good home! If you have a vet with a community bulletin board, you might ask if you can put up an ad.

yoyoandballoon

Post   » Sun May 13, 2018 11:26 pm

I will certainly try for uploading the pics- I am not tech savvy but we will see! Thanks for the tip! I thought of my vet- they don't have a bulletin board but would probably post a sign so I'll try if I don't find a home here. Thanks for the ideas!

Catie Cavy
Supporter 2011-2020

Post   » Mon May 14, 2018 8:47 pm

The nearby rescue might be willing to do a courtesy post for you on their websites. It wouldn't hurt to ask.

yoyoandballoon

Post   » Tue May 15, 2018 8:41 am

Oh, I'll ask! Thanks!